Commando Diet

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just finished wk1 of the Commando Diet (Google it).

Lost 9.5lbs!!! I'm back down (near enough) to where I was after finishing up the Newcastle Diet last year.

Another week to go - then I'm gonna start slowly introducing some fat into the diet. The Commando Diet is low-carb AND low-fat. Not something I've done for a long time.

Basically you can eat:

Steak
Eggs
Lamb
Tomatoes
Spinach
Cottage Cheese
Salad
Grapefruit
Dry Toast

More importantly, it's got me out of the habit of snacking. And INTO the habit of eating breakfast (just an egg a day).

It's one of the more strict diets I've done, with NO selection - every meal is set, for a duration of 14 days.

You know me - I'll try anything once. :thumbup:

Believe it or not, my favourite meal on this diet has been a scrambled egg sandwich (3 eggs) made with dry brown toast. I left the eggs a little runny, and it was bloody delicious! You can only have this for one meal a week,though. I've found that the egg sandwich DOES significantly spike my BG, though... :thumbdown:

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Why change the habit of a lifetime, eh? :wink:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Patch said:

You certainly will Pat :D

Good luck and hope the weight loss continues :thumbup:

Sue Morton

The amount of eggs on this diet you wont need under pants and make sure you don't have a cholesteral due. The first day is just egg 3 eggs breakfast, 3 eggs lunch 3 eggs dinner. If it takes off this diet then buy shares in eggs!! :crazy:

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Sue Morton said:
The amount of eggs on this diet you wont need under pants and make sure you don't have a cholesteral due. The first day is just egg 3 eggs breakfast, 3 eggs lunch 3 eggs dinner. If it takes off this diet then buy shares in eggs!! :crazy:

Most of the cholesterol in your blood is manufactured by your body, dietary cholesterol is a small proportion of this and eating eggs shouldn't influence your lipid profile.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Patch are you bound to be egg bound :lol:
CAROL

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Eggs are the perfect food, and boro's right its the body that manufactures cholesterol, about a 1000mg per day. We also need it cos it helps vitamin D to synthesis. We would die without it.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Patch said:
I've just finished wk1 of the Commando Diet

Best of luck with the new regime Pat :thumbup:

I hear the last week is a bit tough when they drop you off in the jungle with just a rocket launcher to kill your own food :|

Commando2.jpg

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice one, Sid! :thumbup: :D

Good luck with it, Patch. Let us know how you get on - it's probably got fried dead rat as a celebration final meal :shock:

Viv 8)

viv1969

I still maintain the opinion that such a rapid large weight loss isn't the way to go, however I also realise that it is "To each his own" as far as diet and nutrition is concerned, and if it works for you...then good on ya.

At least you've made me fancy an egg sarnie now :(

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Looks like Sid's been on a photoshop course...

...he's super-imposed Arnies 'ed onto MY body!!! :lol:

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Think Arnie has an ostrich egg in his arm.

Ashleigh

Patch said:
I've just finished wk1 of the Commando Diet (Google it).

Lost 9.5lbs!!! I'm back down (near enough) to where I was after finishing up the Newcastle Diet last year.

Another week to go - then I'm gonna start slowly introducing some fat into the diet. The Commando Diet is low-carb AND low-fat. Not something I've done for a long time.

Basically you can eat:

Steak
Eggs
Lamb
Tomatoes
Spinach
Cottage Cheese
Salad
Grapefruit
Dry Toast

More importantly, it's got me out of the habit of snacking. And INTO the habit of eating breakfast (just an egg a day).

It's one of the more strict diets I've done, with NO selection - every meal is set, for a duration of 14 days.

Believe it or not, my favourite meal on this diet has been a scrambled egg sandwich (3 eggs) made with dry brown toast. I left the eggs a little runny, and it was bloody delicious! You can only have this for one meal a week,though. I've found that the egg sandwich DOES significantly spike my BG, though... :thumbdown:

How did you do with the fruit salad at lunchtime? Did you just suffer it for the two weeks? I started this yesterday and am slightly concerned about what the fruit will do to my readings. Today i have blueberries, strawberries, cherries, sliced apple, grapes, peaches which were in syrup & pinapple that was in juice - basically whatever we had at home, i didnt go shopping specifically last night but will for the next one. I will probably stick to blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries next time. I drained as much juice/syrup off the pinapple and peaches as i could and havent got the whole tins in there.