Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Congratulations lucy :clap:
It's nice when hard work,effort, focus pays and shows eh?
You enjoy feeling so chuffed with this result !!!
You deserve this :thumbup:

Defren

Excellent job Lucy well done. I am so pleased for you, you have worked hard for this. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does this mean I am cured??

off to have a mars bar :lol: :lol:

Thanks everyone. You have made me cry, in a good way. It means do much to hear from you all.

I felt a bit down cos the DSN was rude about my low-carbing being the cause of success. So THANK YOU XXX

dawnb64

Well done Lucy, and everyone else who's recently posted fantastic results.

It's a shame we can't consolidate all of these into a single document to give to unbelieving doctors/nurses as evidence of the benefit of low carbing!

Dawn

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
She didnt attribute it to anything. But she said it couldnt have been my low-carbing as i would have been too tired, on around 80g a day, to have enough carbs, for me to have coped with work etc. So I must have been miscounting how many carbs I have been eating. :crazy:

Unbeliever

I have only just seen this but AMAZING RESULT Lucy! Ignore the DSN. My Gp agreed with me he other day that the Nurses don't like patients who control their dibetes in their own way.

If you did as she wanted she would then be able to bully you = so be glad you are depriving her of that pleasure :lol:

Very well done. Its encouraging for others to see that hard work does indeed lead to results.

dawnb64

Although I've been a little tired the last couple of days after cutting carbs back a bit more (and not adding extra fat to compensate), I certainly don't fall asleep every afternoon as I did before reducing carbs!

Ignore the non-believers, you know what's working for you.

Dawn

RoyG

Dislikes
To many to mention.
lucylocket61 said:
She didnt attribute it to anything. But she said it couldnt have been my low-carbing as i would have been too tired, on around 80g a day, to have enough carbs, for me to have coped with work etc. So I must have been miscounting how many carbs I have been eating. :crazy:
Well done Lucy, a great result after your great efforts, Those comments above are exactly the same as what my DSN said to me when I told her I was using low Carb diet It's rhetoric bull. The truth is I am doing more now and have more energy than I have had in years, I Travel 200 miles a day, do 7 hrs on construction site, then come home and go Gym for 2 hrs 4 days a week, not fell asleep at the wheel yet? I keep my protein and fats higher by eating poultry and meat, Fish and lots of salads with Extra virgin Olive oil dressing.

dlmoak

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Super :clap: I have a new goal for you. There has been a study released which shows the A1c to possible be the best predicter of heart disease. Apparently, 5.4 is the cut off for healthy hearts. My goal is to get there. You are close so keep going.