Leg cramp

abs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Every night I've had cramp in my leg my levels are up and down however I'm on antibs at mo just wondering if the cramp could be down to diabetes?

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Might be.

Some find drinking tonic water (diet, of course) helps, since it contains quinine.
I now drink tonic water regularly (it sure tastes nicer than baking soda), as a preventative measure.
Will do so unless it stops working.

Best of luck with that.

Geoff

Spiral

My physio suggested a magnesium supplement might help. I was getting regualr calf cramps due to an achilles problem. When i started taking the magnesium supplement the frequency of the night time cramps reduced. i have also been doing achillies stretching excercises. If you are taking medication or have complex medical problem speak to a pharmacist ot your PP before taking supplements.

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noisy dogs and loud music especially low-note drumming
Do not be tempted to accept Quninine Sulphate prescription from your doctor. Banned in US 1999 having caused the deaths of seventy long-term users like me who now have kidney damage.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies
abs said:
Every night I've had cramp in my leg my levels are up and down however I'm on antibs at mo just wondering if the cramp could be down to diabetes?

Abs, are you taking statins?