Where is the best place to buy testing strips

granny3boys

The Dr won't let me have them on the nhs, she says I have to "follow a low GI diet like I do, I'm type 2 diabetic. Then get tested every 3 months". Well she's very very overweight, so the low GI diet isn't helping her! :roll: I was really angry as how do I know what is making my sugar levels spike 3 months down the line :?: I told her that I wanted to take control of my diet and that means testing my levels daily. She then told me that I could purchase them myself - so it's all down to cost-cutting :x .
So where do you purchase your testing strips from? I have an Accu-chek Aviva machine. But I could change to another machine if need be as the Accu-chek strips cost £25 (plus postage) to £29 (Boots). I live on an island and only have access to Boots. Who do you suggest I could buy from online?

Spiral

eBay

There are some good deals to be had for the meter you have - the same meter as me. I don't pay more than 10.50, including postage and packing. If you are bidding decide your maximum price and don't go over it. Check the completed listings to see what the current price is.

Once I have used up my current strips, I may change my meter to one with cheaper strips. But i find that 3 years down the line I don't use anywhere near as many stips.

Make sure you check the feedback of whoever you are buying from before bidding and look at the use by date on the strips.

paragliderpete

Hi you will get the best price on the net. Try searching for" accu chek aviva test strips" shop around as the price chenges week by week. I also have two other makes of meter so that I buy which ever is the chaepest at the time. Can normally get the aviva test strips for around £12 to £16 per tub.
If you can afford them, buy in larger quantaties as you'll save p&p and get a better unit price .

Best of luck. Not many of us have the joy of the NHS providing our test strips

Defren

The best place for strips is Ebay or Amazon. I have an Accu Chek Aviva and although I get 50 a month on prescription I still have to fund any more myself, and so I bought mine from Ebay.

C

chris lowe

I've got the Aviva Accucheck and I usually get mine on e-bay. Last lot I had 50 test strips and 200 lancets for £11.50