Starting to miss

DavideB

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Deserts...

Never been a great desert lover BUT I loved Tiramisu and would love some...And just some desert, I do not know just something to say aaaahhhhhhhhhhh that was nice...Getting fed up with Bloody Yoghurt and Berries

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Just a thought, there is a recipe on here somewhere for muffins, you can add some coffee to the mix, make your own custard - with splenda or xylitol, and top with whipped double cream. Chopped up walnuts would be nice in the mix too. Also add some sugar free jelly and heyho you have a trifle or a fake tiramisu.

Grazer

I make my own low-carb ice cream using fresh strawberries or raspberries in an ice cream maker. I follow the normal instructions but swap canderel powder for sugar. I then crumble a square of dark chocolate on top of each portion of ice cream and store in the freezer until I want one. Each ice cream is only about 4 grams of carbs, nearly all coming from the fresh fruit.
MMMM!

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
DavideB said:
Deserts...

Never been a great desert lover BUT I loved Tiramisu and would love some...And just some desert, I do not know just something to say aaaahhhhhhhhhhh that was nice...Getting fed up with Bloody Yoghurt and Berries

I was famed for my sweet tooth, it was my undoing, :lol:

Sugar free jelly with double cream or clotted cream, I am sure you can make tiramisu low carb version, the main ingredients for tiramisu are low glocuse impact anyway, is mainly the ladyfingers and choc sprinkles are the problem, try this one, a little more work, but low carb.

Not my recipe......

Here is a great low carb tiramisu recipe with almonds used for the "ladyfingers". It is lots of work, but it lasted two weeks in my frig and I reached for it when my sweet tooth was calling. I am still losing, not gaining weight!

Tiramisu (low carb)

Makes 10 servings.

"Ladyfingers":
unsalted butter
4 oz. ground almonds
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
6 large eggs
1/2 cup Splenda
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Grease a 15x10x1-inch pan with butter. Line with parchment paper and grease with butter again. Preheat the oven to 350 ° F (175 ° C).

Combine the almonds, baking powder and salt. Separate the eggs. With an electric mixer, beat the yolks and Splenda with an electric mixer until thick and lemon coloured, 3-4 minutes. Beat in the vanilla. Fold in the almonds. With a clean bowl and beaters, beat the egg whites to firm peaks. Stir 1/4 into the almond mixture. Fold in 1/2 of the remaining whites until barely combined and then the remaining 1/2 until thoroughly combined. Spread evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top springs back when pressed lightly. Let cool.

Filling:
5 eggs
5 Tbsp. Splenda
1 500 gram Container mascarpone
1/2 cup strong coffee
3 Tbsp. rum
1/2 cup cocoa

Separate the eggs. Beat the yolks with the Splenda until thick and lemon coloured. Add the mascarpone and beat it into the yolk mixture on low speed, scraping down the bowl. Do not overbeat or the mixture will curdle.

With clean bowl and beaters, beat the egg whites to soft peaks. Stir 1/4 into the mascarpone mixture. Fold in the remaining 3/4. Choose a large straight-sided dish, such as a soufflé dish to assemble the Tiramsu in.

Cut the almond cake into 16 fingers by cutting in half crosswise, then lengthwise. Cut each half crosswise into 8 fingers. Combine the rum and coffee in a shallow dish. Place the cocoa in a sieve over a bowl.

Sprinkle the bottom of the dish lightly with cocoa. Quickly dip a few of the fingers into the coffee mixture and line the bottom of the dish. Do not get them too wet or your tiramisu will be runny. Spread on 1/4 of the mascarpone mixture and dust the top with cocoa. Repeat the process 2-3 times so you have 3-4 layers. End with a sprinkling of cocoa. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Total Carbohydrates (whole Tiramisu): 91.81
Carbohydrates per Serving (10): 9.18