Test confirmed

mistee71

Dislikes
FOOTBALL. MY husband is a sports fanatic and watches everything. Most i can put up with just not football.
Hi Folks :wave: well went to hospital thursday to pick up some equipment for a sleep study test to do that night then return the next day for the results. Turns out i have central sleep apnea and have to have a CPAP machine to make me breath at night. It is called central sleep apnia because i actually stop breathing several times a night and am actually aware of it. I wake up in a panic telling myself to breath and it also can be quite painful where your body isn't getting enough oxygen. I am left very tired as expected, confused and clumsey the next day. I wake up feeling very heavely drugged and have headaches. The reason i am bringing this is because it is a complication of Diabetes Neuropathy and is very frightening. Does anyone else have central sleep apnea?

shop

Re: Test confirmend

mistee71 said:
Hi Folks :wave: well went to hospital thursday to pick up some equipment for a sleep study test to do that night then return the next day for the results. Turns out i have central sleep apnea and have to have a CPAP machine to make me breath at night. It is called central sleep apnia because i actually stop breathing several times a night and am actually aware of it. I wake up in a panic telling myself to breath and it also can be quite painful where your body isn't getting enough oxygen. I am left very tired as expected, confused and clumsey the next day. I wake up feeling very heavely drugged and have headaches. The reason i am bringing this is because it is a complication of Diabetes Neuropathy and is very frightening. Does anyone else have central sleep apnea?

Hi Mistee,

It sounds very frightening :( Luckily I dont have it but you may find others respond who do. Sending even bigger hugs (((((((x)))))))

Lucy xxx.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Re: Test confirmend

shop said:
mistee71 said:

Hi Mistee,

It sounds very frightening :( Luckily I dont have it but you may find others respond who do. Sending even bigger hugs (((((((x)))))))

Lucy xxx.

I'm with lucy here. So sorry to to hear of your sleep problems :yawn: I don't suffer from this awful condition :( RRB X

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
T1 husband Peter has one of these machines and it really helps. It always goes with us if e go away. I've learned to live with it. It's not all that noisy.
Hope it works well for you
Hana

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Hi Mistee well I really do hope the machine helps makes things better as it really sounds a frightening thing. You really have had a pretty c**p year so far so hopefully things will start getting better from now. Take care Mistee

Ann19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Mistee, even disturbed sleep really takes it out of you and with these extra problems you must feel frightened as well. I hope this machine will help your sleep patterns and you soon start to feel better. (((Hugs)))

Ann

bluenoselouie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Mistee

I was diagnosed with sleep apnoea in 2009 and was given a CPAP machine with a full face mask to keep my airways open during sleep. It feels a liitle strange at first, but persevere with it and you will eventually feel the full benefit from undisturbed sleep. I wouldn't be without it now: in fact I find it quite comforting. Hope this helps :thumbup:

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My wife says I sometimes stop breathing for brief moments in the middle of the night, I have always done this since I was a child.

Hope it works for you.

mistee71

Dislikes
FOOTBALL. MY husband is a sports fanatic and watches everything. Most i can put up with just not football.
I,m off to bed now. Been fighting it all day and the fatigue is so unbearable i am surprised i have lasted this long. Everyone gone beach but i just not up to it. :yawn: :(