Should I wear ID

civ

Hi all I am new to all this, The doctors think I have Type 2 diabetes,I was in informed I had diabetes on 14th February with BS readings of 20 - 30. Now on tablets. The book I have been given to record my blood surgar readings in has a check list on the back with eye sight cheecks etc and about wearing or having ID on you. Is this for Type 1 or for every one? Also any advice on diabetes is welcome.

TA civ

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Welcome to the forum,civ. I carry a type 2 keyring with me,just in case!I'm not on any meds but if I landed in hospital I'd want them to know I'm diabetic in case they fill me up with glucose!If you are on Metformin then you shouldn't have a hypo but some of the other tabs can cause hypos so it's worth having some form of ID.Have a browse round the forum,especially the links for diabetes in this section and you will pick up a lot of info.The knowledgeable folks on the forum are always ready to answer questions.

Knowledge is the key to control

Hi, I keep a current prescription in my handbag so if I fall ill or have some kind of accident hopefully the staff at the hospital would search my bag for ID and so would find the prescription. I did think about a Medic Alert piece of jewellery but decided my plan was just as good. I always have my handbag with me. A man could carry a prescription in a pocket

SweetGuy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just carry a card in my wallet I made on the computer that just gives my critical medical conditions and medications. And also a contact number for next of kin.

I wouldn't bother with a bracelet or anything unless I was expecting to start having hypos.

Rob T2

civ

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by civ</i>
<br />Hi all I am new to all this, The doctors think I have Type 2 diabetes,I was in informed I had diabetes on 14th February with BS readings of 20 - 30. Now on tablets. The book I have been given to record my blood surgar readings in has a check list on the back with eye sight cheecks etc and about wearing or having ID on you. Is this for Type 1 or for every one? Also any advice on diabetes is welcome.

TA civ

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

civ

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by civ</i>
<br />Hi all I am new to all this, The doctors think I have Type 2 diabetes,I was in informed I had diabetes on 14th February with BS readings of 20 - 30. Now on tablets. The book I have been given to record my blood surgar readings in has a check list on the back with eye sight cheecks etc and about wearing or having ID on you. Is this for Type 1 or for every one? Also any advice on diabetes is welcome.

TA civ
thanks all for the advice my BS reading twice 6.3 before meal should i check my ultra touch to see if it right?:D:D

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

SweetGuy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What tabs are you taking? I don't think you would get it from 20-30 down to 6.3 in a week with Metformin :)

civ

I am on Metformin 1000mg and Gliclazide 320mg and so far so good no side effects apart form the blurred vison I am now wearing my old glasses. will have to speak to my nurse on monday to find out whats going on with my eye sight as my new glasses are now to strong for me
one thing after another.:)

SweetGuy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's the gliclazide that will bring your level down quick and has the danger of you hypoing. Did they warn you about all this?

Rob T2

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Hi Civ
Same thing has happened with my sight. I’m digging out all my old specs.
I was advised not to get any new glasses for three months ,to allow my eyes settle down to lower BG levels

Bob

I’m OK
Its all the others
First HbA1c 11.9