sore toe

tolsn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
lol yorkshire but we live in a village and the 2 nearest hospitals are the ones with minor injerys departments which is really stupid and toget to an a&e thats open 24/7 we have to drive at least 1hr in any direction to get there and thats where the nearest walk in center is too! (or as far as i am aware it is) the 2 nearest have not long since gone from a&e's to minor injerys and i only found that out as one of my other friends took 1 of her kids and they told her to go elswhere as was only minors ont a&e so so bloody stupid!! :crazy: (moan over lol)

MaryJ

Hi Tolsn

Is this the same toe as was mentioned in april, the same problem raising it;s head again or did it not go away?

Can you apply the same advice you were given by docs/nurses at that time.?

Mary x

tolsn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
no that was a ingrowing toe nail and i ended up having it removed then they didntgive antibiotics as was no infection no gunkect but thus ones same foot but 2nd toe from big one (well middle to actually lol) its red sore and when i was looking at it earlyer and i pressed it there was some white/cream gunk came out :? so i arnt sure if its another ingrowing nail as never had em on any other toe but big ones, it ooks like the toe nailissticking in but not sure if thats due to the bit of swelling :?
my feet they are always cousing me problems as i have flat feet and suffer planter faciatis too,i have insoles for them (but doesnt always help)

Spiral

Go to your nearest pharmacy and speak to the pharmacist. They may be able to recommend something you can use until you see the doctor or perhaps give you a higher priority.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you had medical attention yet?

sorry to be harsh, but there is no good in asking for advice here, then not following it.

As everyone else has said - you need a doctor, and you need it now!!!

tolsn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
well after seeking advice from a pharmacest i have been told to keep it covered and aslong as it doesnt get any more swollen or red i should be ok till i can see dr! she wasnt sure if it was infected though :?

tolsn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
well i showed my dr my toe and all he told me to do was keep soaking in salt water as it was drawing the gunk out! he didnt think it was that bad i needed anti-biotics so i am just doing as i was soaking it in salt water and putting creamand plaster on!