Digestive biscuits

Maddiemo1

My BG has bee good last couple of days 5.5- 5.8 very pleased with that. I had bacon egg and two tomatoes breakfast, chicken for lunch and some nuts for snack. Then I had cheese and a digestive biscuits and nodded of to sleep. Like I do when my BS is to high. I can't believe I'm that sensitive to carbs I'm prediabetic is that normal after one biscuit the only carbs all say? I'm worried about eating any carbs at all now. My BS went up to 6.8

RoyG

Dislikes
To many to mention.
6.8 is not catastrophic, the guide is usually 2hrs after food to be below the 9 mark for type 2, mine sometimes goes 6.8-9 if I have Tesco take away Balti, which I do once in a while, but I tend to eat the whole 400g so being a pig really, but they taste so good? there can be lots of other factors why it could go up, being tiered in the fist place might push it up slightly, coming down with a cold or bug, stress. I would try it again in a couple of days to see if the same happens, or try a cracker instead, I would not get overly worried with the reading you got. That's why the mantra is "Eat to your meter" I find some foods do send BG up, while other food I thought would put it right up don't. Good luck.

hallii

Digestive biscuits are a bit carby, but I sometimes have one after dinner as a treat. I spread it with butter :D

The fat in the butter seems to slow the absorbtion of the sugars down, at least one doesn't affect to much.

If I eat two or three that's a different matter and BGs will spike.

If you feel like a treat (and don't we all) it's not what we eat but how much, I even eat JAM! but only half a teaspoonfull on a round of low carb toast. I sometimes eat one jelly baby, usually the green ones, being green it somehow feels more organic :lol:

H

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
In my experience the fat may slow the absorbtion of the carbs but they all get there anyway in the end.
What goes in, goes in. What stays out, is best for me............................

WhitbyJet

Maddiemo1 said:
Where do you get low carb bread?

Maddiemo - you can try the Burgen Soya & Linseed bread, or you need to bake your own low carb bread, there are some very good recipes around, have a look in the low carb recipe thread.

Mellie....

Maddiemo ,
I was told Rich Tea Biscuits are best, less sugar in them. bit bland though.
Whitbyjet- Is that Burgen Soya bread high in salt , ?
Mellie :D

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I dare not touch biscuits at all.I have yet to find a Snack food Ican handle. a single digestive biscuit is about 10g carbs.
i need to look up some low carb cookie recipes
Hana

Defren

hanadr said:
I dare not touch biscuits at all.I have yet to find a Snack food Ican handle. a single digestive biscuit is about 10g carbs.
i need to look up some low carb cookie recipes
Hana

All biscuits are a bit high for me, plus I know if I had one, I would want another, and my BG would be effected, so I don't keep biscuits in the house. There are recipe's in the food forum, that I make and we can all share without to much of a problem.

hallii

I make my own low carb bread, soy flour, wheat gluten, in equal propotions, rye flour about the same amount, plus two tspns yeast two tspns of sugar a dose of wheatbran and a glug of rapeseed oil. I add various seeds sunflower, linseed, pine nuts, pumpkin seed, even walnuts and hazelnuts, poppy seeds are best on the outside but it won't work in a breadmaker.

I sometimes add an egg, sometimes I add fresh tomatoes chopped, almond flour with two eggs makes it a bit like Brioche but not much!

Into the breadmaker on "Rapid" and out it comes.

H