Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
MaryJ said:
Bloody well shu-perb

Was teary from Jerusalem.

Now who is lighting the cauldron?

David Beckham??

I love the all music that the athelets are marching to. Team GB on any minute :clap: :clap: RRB update, or maybe not :oops: I'm just too excited :D

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am loving all of it. I have laughed, I have cried and now am stunned by all the comments and obscure facts being spouted by the commentators :D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Managed to stay up to the end..............]it was breathtakingly spectacular,
but Team GB's outfits, well, not great at all, I must admit, I was dissapointed :( never mind. Goodnight all :( RRB

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Team GB's outfits were designed by the person who made Jimmy Savilles clothing :shock:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Words cannot describe how proud I felt watching the opening ceremony........ well done to all involved :clap:

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
MaryJ said:
Now who is lighting the cauldron?

I half expected John Terry to run in barge a few people out of the way and flick his lighter at the last minute :wink:

TBH I wasnt looking forward to the games or the opening ceremony but have to say I thought it was brilliant, I felt proud to be British :clap: :clap:

I did give up half way through the teams march past though so didnt see the end.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Sid Bonkers said:
I half expected John Terry to run in barge a few people out of the way and flick his lighter at the last minute :wink:

Now that would have been priceless :lol: :lol: :lol:

RoyG

Dislikes
To many to mention.
Epic, Stupendous, Colourful, Entertaining, Brilliant, and proud to be a member of this wonderful multi cultural British society long may it reign. Well done Mr Boyle, I think you done it right. I am sorry for the inconvenience it may cause to some, and yes £27 million is a fair wedge in today's depressed economy. But at least it's promoting the UK, and an Inspiration to to younger generation and I hope it bring's with it, the just rewards. Now to watch a feast of sport. bring it on :clap: :clap: :clap:

PS I will be keeping my exercise routine up and not turning back to a couch potato, I have positioned my Treadmill so as I can watch the TV from it, I might even enter a few races myself. :lol: :lol: :lol:

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
Hey ex country women and men
You did us proud. Thought we had it nailed in 2000 but it was great. Was waiting for the Morris Dancers. I had heard a rumour that there were thousands to participate when called upon.
Seriously, it was something to be held in my heart.
XXXXXXXXX

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Watched every minute and thought it was superb stuff :clap: :clap: :clap:

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
I was relieved that the NHS dance didn't involve carbohydrates!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The sketch with Daniel Craig and the Queen jumping out the helicopter was really clever, Rowan Atkinson was hilarious and the whole production couldn't have gone any smother.

I particularly liked the start where they recognised the engineering marvel that is Isambard Kingdom Brunel, I've long admired the contribution IKB made to our industrial heritage.

Juliette40

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
I hate slow drivers!
[quote="chris lowe The Olympics don't even start until tomorrow, but already there's football on. Still at least the ladies football team won their match and according to the papers, no swearing, no spitting, no rolling around pretending to be injured, and only two yellow cards. Perhaps the guys need a female coach? :lol: Anyway, I'm off to the pub tonight for a refreshing diet coke and I should be safe from sport there as it's open mic night. :D[/quote]

Hi Chris

Hope you enjoyed your diet coke in the pub. A good escape plan all round. I must confess to watching about 15 minutes of the opening ceremony though. My brain couldn't cope with all the weird artiness of it. It seemed like a random mix of someone's thoughts after a few beers. My husband and I couldn't fathom what was going on...or why...and gave up. One view of the queen showed her sat, bent over, looking at the floor. Was she asleep? Still, I'm proud that she makes the effort to engage in her public duties at her age. Got to love her!

Counting down the days...
Juliette x

ps Sorry Olympic fans... I hear there are empty seats up for grabs if you want them!

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
borofergie said:

I know what you mean! At one point I was half expecting all the nurses to get into formation,illuminate and display the NHS diet plate with all the spuds,bananas,rice and wholemeal bread!

Defren

Paul1976 said:
borofergie said:

I know what you mean! At one point I was half expecting all the nurses to get into formation,illuminate and display the NHS diet plate with all the spuds,bananas,rice and wholemeal bread!

You mean to say you two missed that bit? Shame on you for turning away to grab your sugar free jelly and double cream. :lol:

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
I'm guilty as charged on that one Jo! :lol: