Just being nosey but . . .

ElleDee

Type of diabetes
LADA
Dislikes
Having diabetes :-(
As the title suggests I am just being nosey but was wondering what levels people were on with their pumps?

I am aware that, for some reason, when on a pump you seem to require less insulin than when injecting . . . has everyone found this to be true?

jopar

Yes I found that my insulin use dropped..

On injections I used 16 units of background insulin, but with the pump dependant on what profile I using, I used between 7.6 and 10.4 units of background..

And I've also found savings in bolus, because now I inject what I need, and not stuck to injecting a whole unit when I need part of a unit..

Different people will experience different levels, as it will depend on various factors, but it's the fine tuning of the background insulin with the pump, that probably saves the most.

ElleDee

Type of diabetes
LADA
Dislikes
Forgive my ignorance but is that your hourly rate or daily?

Sugar pie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
banana's, fake people,
Hi, my basal is roughly 15u each day (varies at times) with bolus a total of 9u each day. :D

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Yes both my bolus and basals have reduced. My basal is around 16 units a day and the remainder, approx 8-10 units of basal, makes a total of 24-26 units per day, which is a reduction of some 4-6 units of insulin per day from when I was on injections. I have 11 basal rates set-up through the day and night.

ElleDee

Type of diabetes
LADA
Dislikes
Thanks for that. I am currently on 136u basal a day, however this is still a LOT less than any daily injections that I took.

ally my sugars still run in the mid teens to low twenties so hoping that through time we will get this down :)