Hi from Chester

donnac1968

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I'm Donna,
I just joined today to see if anyone was discussing the Horizon programme about fasting and found a thread straight away. I'm glad this looks like an active forum.

So I'm 44, female, married, Type 1 for 25 years and on a pump for 8 years. Terrified of hypos, so have had raised bg levels for 20 years. I've got retinopathy but no significant sight loss. Had lots of laser and an Avastin injction last year, eeeeek!!! :shock: Slight gastroparesis, which is fine most of the time but about once a year I throw up for 24 hours. Nice!!!

I am obsessed with knitting. This year I have started growing my own veg organically with great results (beginner's luck!!).

We have an 8 year old Golden Lab who eats far too much!

Anything else you want to know???

Best wishes
Donna :) :) :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Welcome to the forum Donna :)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Donna and welcome to the forum :)

If you have any questions go ahead and ask as there is always someone who can help.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
donnac1968 said:
Hi I'm Donna,
I just joined today to see if anyone was discussing the Horizon programme about fasting and found a thread straight away. I'm glad this looks like an active forum.

So I'm 44, female, married, Type 1 for 25 years and on a pump for 8 years. Terrified of hypos, so have had raised bg levels for 20 years. I've got retinopathy but no significant sight loss. Had lots of laser and an Avastin injction last year, eeeeek!!! :shock: Slight gastroparesis, which is fine most of the time but about once a year I throw up for 24 hours. Nice!!!

I am obsessed with knitting. This year I have started growing my own veg organically with great results (beginner's luck!!).

We have an 8 year old Golden Lab who eats far too much!

Anything else you want to know???

Best wishes
Donna :) :) :)

Hello and welcome Donna :thumbup: no questions but ............. you beat me by 2 years :lol: ( but, as yet, not on a pump) Best wishes RRB

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Hi donna
I also grow veg. I have it in my front garden, because I don't need my front lawn and I need the one at the back and our garden isn't large.
I am a dog lover too. I have 2 Italian Greyhounds and just lost an old one very recently. i also have 2 cats,a husband who is T1 and 2 grandchildren plus their mother, who need frequent backup.[no diabetess there :D ]
I'm T2 myself
Hana

donnac1968

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
daisy1 said:

If you have any questions go ahead and ask as there is always someone who can help.

Is there a way of getting replies to your posts sent to your email. Or at least getting some notification of when people reply?

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi Donna, no need really just click new posts or my posts at the top. It is a very very active forum. I'm on every day.

shop

Hi Donna,

Welcome. I used to live near Chester, nice place. T1 for 6 yrs live in East Cheshire now. I hate Hypos too, ( and I havent even had a disabling one! ) on MDI but getting set up on an expert meter soon. So hopefully will help me get my A1C Target fingers crossed.

Lucy xxx :D

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
Hi Donna!

Just to say welcome! I'm a Lab owner and they're ALWAYS hungry eh? :crazy:
I love chester,spent a lot of time visiting there as a kid as a big chunk of my family are from Middlewich and Winsford,Cheshire and people always had time to speak to you there and be friendly as opposed to where I live now.

Welcome aboard the good ship that is SS.Diabetes.co.uk! :D

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
donnac1968 said:
daisy1 said:

Is there a way of getting replies to your posts sent to your email. Or at least getting some notification of when people reply?

Yes, you can click on Subscribe Topic at the bottom of the page and you will receive an email notifying you whenever a reply is posted.