Stopping Byetta

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have finally decided to stop Byetta this week and I am just wondering whether I am likely to have any side effects from stopping it?
I had my last dose on Wednesday evening and Thursday night I had a terrible nights sleep - sweating profusely (this has continued throughout today too).
If anyone knows if this is likely, how long is it likely to last? :(
Thanks, Judith

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
Jude said:
I have finally decided to stop Byetta this week and I am just wondering whether I am likely to have any side effects from stopping it?
I had my last dose on Wednesday evening and Thursday night I had a terrible nights sleep - sweating profusely (this has continued throughout today too).
If anyone knows if this is likely, how long is it likely to last? :(
Thanks, Judith

Hi Jude!
Ah...The Dreaded 'Lizard spit'! :sick:
Like you,I stopped Byetta due to severe nausea,vomiting every day and just a feeling of being ill all the time with weird hot flushes and sweating,I found that after 2 whole days without the drug I started to feel better and my appetite returned and the side effects wore off completely,hopefully you'll be the same as me too! :wink:

Paul

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Catherine. :)

Thank you Paul. I cannot believe what you have said - I have been having terrible night sweats and sometimes day sweats and originally put it down to being fat, then the Menopause (10+ years ago - am 60 now) I never thought of it being the Byetta. I have been trying to get the Bydureon for 4 months and in the end when I finally saw Consultant again this week decided I would ditch the Byetta altogether - am on Humalog 25 too. I kept on sticking with it (16months) because I was wanting it to help my weight but it has not, I have had nausea every morning 2hours following breakfast dose and was very tired, up until 1-2pm I have been "rubbish" and I have had enough of it so have now got to see how I can get on with just the insulin and metformin although Consultant advised me to stop that as my IBS has been particularly bad recently. I have halved my Metformin for now but plan on restoring the full dose, I have been trying to reduce my carbs (no vlc) but despite trying very haard my bgs and weight have refused to budge.
Thank you Paul. :wave:

melboi

Hi , Sounds very familiar , I have been on the venom for 6 months firstly on 5 and now 10ug twice a day , and what effects has it had NOWT , my B.S has not changed since starting this ,morning it can be between 10.7 - 15.3 my HbA1c has increased from 9.2 to 9.8 over the past 12 months, I take Lantus at night but that does not have any effects , I have stopped taking the Venom and feel better for it and now waiting to see the team .
They have accepted that my Pancreas does not work at all, so why give simulants ?