ok help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tolsn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
ok help!!
just done my bg test and got 22.3mmol/l and thought how the hell can it be that high i have had nothing out of the ordenery so i decided to do it again and go a reading of 7.2mmol/l so now i am a little confused :? which is it? do i need to act that it wasthe high one andtake acction? :? i dee feel a little **** headace tiered
worryed now!

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Many variables to mention. . . .
When did you last use a check solution for your meter
Are the test strips well within the use-by date
Were your fingers freshly washed
Is the battery symbol showing in the meter display

All of the above and more can affect your test results.

DavideB

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
1) What is a check solution and 2) How do you use it

A

Anonymous

If I get two widely different readings, one after the other, I take a third one. It usually confirms one of the two readings and I go with that.

Defren

swimmer2 said:
If I get two widely different readings, one after the other, I take a third one. It usually confirms one of the two readings and I go with that.

Me too. I make sure I wash my hands extra thoroughly just incase I have anything on them that has or could taint the test, then I do the test again. Like Simon says, at least then you will have one figure confirmed.

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
+1 (am I allowed to still do that?) but,yep,"Best of three" is a good rule which I follow when in this situation and the handwashing is crucial IMO(as stated above) and making sure your hands are thoroughly dry as a bit of residual moisture risks giving you a false low result through contamination of the sample.