Morrisons

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Have Macademias. £1.49 for 150grams. :D :D :D

candyrel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
loathe cheese and yoghurt, spinach, rhubarb and apricots
Brilliant news we have a Morrisons so will go there tomorrow. :lol: :lol: :lol:

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
Is that a good price for macadamias? No Morrisons near here though. :cry:

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
what's so good about these nuts? They keep popping up on this forum lol.

Maybe i should get in on the action!?

caitycakes

Hi stuboy,

Yes Macadamias taste great, are low carb and they really fill you. A perfect snack. Jem calls them "Macanuts".

Caitycakes x

candyrel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
loathe cheese and yoghurt, spinach, rhubarb and apricots
Grrrrrrrrr someone has raided my local Morrisons. Only 3 bags left so grabbed them quick and hid them at the bottom of the trolley.....Jem could have been about :lol:

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
LOL!

I prefer Sainsbury's Macanuts - because (yeah I know my logic is flawed) they have lower carbs on the packet data ;)

I did not nip down to your local morrisons and grab a trolley load - sorry!

the main reason, dear Stuboy, among many good and reasonable reasons, that I love them (sic: macadamia nuts) so very much is that after years (and I mean a good 20+ years) of sad dieting where I've followed low fat high carb nutritional advice to the letter I finally feel free to eat something high in fat that tastes **** great and AND (dun dun dun) can say hand on heart that I'm eating them for my health at the same time as really really enjoying them :)

and yep - I consider myself a macanut freak ;)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
Hi Macanut - Jem - finally got some macadamia nuts from Sainsbury's. There were cranberries in with them but the combination is really good. Now I know why you raved about them. will have to go back when I run low. won't tell you which branch or you might go and buy them!! :D :wink:

gillyh

Dislikes
Try Sainsbury's. If you can't find them ask one of the staff there. I finally found them on the delicatessan counter in small boxes. A really big range. Love the taste of them now. So Jrm beware!!!!! :D :lol:

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
been to sainsburys and purchased my weekly six bags of salted roast macanuts :)

phew

safe for a week!

xxx

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
None of the supermarkets here sell them so I will just have to wait until I can catch a passing off-string who is willing to take me to Tesco's in another town.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
gillyh said:
Hi Macanut - Jem - finally got some macadamia nuts from Sainsbury's. There were cranberries in with them but the combination is really good. Now I know why you raved about them. will have to go back when I run low. won't tell you which branch or you might go and buy them!! :D :wink:
Hi Gilly,
Watch out for those cranberries - they are lovely but nearly all cranberries imported into the UK are sweetened (usually with high-fructose corn syrup, even the organic ones) so you need to stick to very small portions - like one of two berries. Ocean Spray do unsweetened ones but I believe they are only on sale in Taiwan!

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
I have seen bags of cranberries in Lidl but the price was £1.79 so didnt bother didnt even think to read the blurb on the back of the pack.

gillyh

Dislikes
Thanks for that Dennis. Love cranberries and have fads on eating them. will have to cut down if they're that high!!
Jem - didn't see any salted macadamis nuts in sainsbury's when I went. Any better than non salted ones? :wink:

scottishkate

Oh god I love macadamia nuts! They sell them in massive bags in Selfridges food hall and I just couldn't resist buying them last week. I won't be doing that again in a hurry or I'll end up bankrupt!!

Someone on here suggested melting some 85% chocolate, adding chopped macadamias and forming little balls with them and sticking them in the fridge. I am definately going to have this as a christmas treat - thank you whoever suggested it :lol:

Katie.

gillyh

Dislikes
That sounds gorgeous kate. Drool...drool!! :D

Jem

Dislikes
Plain Macadamias go so very well with chocolate that the little nut balls (teeheehee) sound absolutely divine!! Whomever it was came up with that - we salute you!!!

Salted Macadamias remove my desire to eat two bags of salt and vinegar crisps! yummety scrummety!

Gilly - the salted macanuts in Sainsburys aregenerally kept with the smaller portion bags of salted peanuts and cashew nuts - generally not with the baking nuts or Xmas nuts - yes our Sainsbury's likes to confuse and has separate nut zones ... hmmmm ... maybe it's to try and throw me off the scent buwahahahah!

xxx

gillyh

Dislikes
Or maybe to hide the macadamia nuts from you? Give other fans a chance at them? :lol:
Got sister eating them now. She raids my bags of nuts despite hiding them!!!! Think she can sniff them out? :mrgreen: