Online blood glucose diary?

diva19871987

Hi, I'm looking for a blood glucose diary that I can fill in online. Ive had a quick search but most are just print offs and have no option to fill out on my computer. For the whole 12 years of of having diabetes I have NEVER used a glucose diary properly and I think its about time I started as Ive heard it can help improve things if I know where im going wrong. Anyone else found it helps to write things down? Im looking back and I remember in my rebelious years going to hospital and making up all my readings. lol They thought I had perfect sugar levels because in there eyes I never went high or low! Teenagers hey, who'd have them! I think they was on to me though because although I claimed I never went high my HBA1C was 13%.

Anyone know of any online diaries that can be filled in online and allow you to give extra information such has food eaten or insulin dosage?

Thanks

Jake22

Hi Diva

Was at my diabetes clinic today and Im sure I read in that magazine BALANCE that there is an APP that you can put on an IPAD / IPOD TOUCH / I PHONE

Dont know if this might help you

bobismad

Alternatively, ask your dsn for a meter that connects to computer, I've always struggled to remember to fill them in, getting a meter thad had a memory+ upload facility was the breakthru I needed, there are always trials and giveaways on here, so try it and see how you get on, Abbot eas doing one for an insulinx meter last week and theres one up for the One Touch Verio Pro at the moment, from experience the One Touch software is excellent, I used it for about 7 years, untill I got a new meter (insulinx), the meter is better for me, but the software isnt as good as the One Touch system, in my opinion, but its swings and roundabouts....most companies are pushing the meters, as if you start to use them, you will need the strips, thats where they make the money.

Hope this helps

Bob :?

Davmii

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi,
Try the food diary on the diabetes.co.uk site here, it's an excel spreadsheet with columns to enter carbs, cals, fat etc and BG levels and will total them up for you. Just fill in the bits you are interested in monitoring.
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/food/food-diary.html

diva19871987

Thanks for the help guys!

At the moment Im using the One ouch ultra easy but the memory is not the greatest. Think it stores about 10 but it cant be linked to a PC so I can download the results. Ive Thought about getting a more up to date but me being me has kept this one because its pink! lol

Not back at the hospital with my diabetes for 3 months so I will ask when I next go. Does anyone know if there main GP can help with getting a meter because Ive now moved from them back to the clinic at hospital for my diabetes care so dont know if they can help anymore?

Maryannonsilk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Intolerance
I have downloaded an App on my iPad called Diabetic Track ... Really easy ... Check it out ...

diva19871987

Maryannonsilk said:
I have downloaded an App on my iPad called Diabetic Track ... Really easy ... Check it out ...

Thanks will take a look. Do you know if there is an option to print the results?

Unjustified

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arrogant people and liars
IVe tried most of the ipod apps, and online stuff, none of it really offered me what I wanted, which was an easy to use diary, and with somewhere telling me my averages etc. Most blood Glucose Monitors now come with cables to hook up to your pc, but I believe you need to buy them seperatly from the supplier. I've gone down the route of making my own yearly excel spreadsheet. So easy to use and customize, and I have a front page telling me my averages, and how many times Ive tested at what occasions (breakfast, lunch, dinner, bed etc)

Hope you find something suitable!

bobismad

the verio iq (click the ad @ side of page) comes with the cable as it has a rechargable battery, also the insulinx comes with the cable as well

Bob

JP83

Hi Diva,

I'm using a free downloadable app for my phone... it's called iBGStar. It allows you to record your BG levels against the insulin and carbs you've taken on board. The best feature is that it plots your BG results on a graph so you can pick out trends etc and you can also email results to people in tabular form. I never forget to record my results because I almost always have my phone on me so I can record my BG levels throughout the day. Jon

Abi W

Hi

I recently started using the iBGStar app as well, and I think it's really good (although I've not tried any alternatives, so I don't know how it compares!). It breaks down your results into helpful stats. e.g. your average sugars for the last 7, 14, 30 or 90 days, and if you want, broken down by time of day so that you can look at e.g. average pre-lunch sugars for the past x days. I think they make a meter that synchs. with the app, but I just input the readings from my old Optium meter.

Re. online diaries, I opened a table in Google Docs and I just put in the headings and columns that suit me. Before clinic appointments I just print off the last few months as a PDF. Bit laborious using both this and the app, but there's more room to type notes to myself in the table.

Good luck,
Abi

Etty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You can search for "blood glucose' in Templates on Google Docs, there's even one for your cat.