Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles!
Liver
Well an update.
All that worry for nothing :eek:
Looks like its going to be next Friday now, when I got there DN said she needs my 2hours after food results so she knows how much Insulin to prescribe!

serendipity

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles!
Liver
When I saw DN last Friday, she wanted me to have some bloods done too.
I had them done on Monday and they came back a day later.
My Haemoglobin has gone down, meaning the HBA1C test came back inconclusive, due to my Anaemia :(
Doe's anyone know what this means and why they couldnt get a %
I dont see DN untill Friday when she is supposed to be starting the Insulin.
Very confused

Linda

shop

Hi Serendipity,

Good luck I can understand you being anxious but you will get used to it. As nigel says with help and support you will be OK

Lucy xxx

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi linda.
How frustrating for you , all this worry and stress wont be helping [[[[HUG]]]]
You do seem to keep being moved about quite a bit by varying results and what the DSN says...
No wonder you're confused I would be too!
Have you had a chance to discuss or chat about 'which' insulin they're considering using with you?
Sorry cant shed any light on the anaemia, but CC above has some suggestion and info link there for you
to read up on.
The long wait and you're blood sugars troughing n peaking must be so frustrating and bewildering ...
If this can reassure you a little - I was similar to yourself till started the insulin regime.
Once got started on it , going up 5units per each weekend till my blood sugars levelled out more steadier
Split dosed the insulin for better background cover at 20/20 units twice daily.
I quickly started to feel tons better! So I 'did' find to my amazement that insulin "does" work!!!!
Prior to agreeing to try it - I was insulin phobic n put up a hugefight against going onto it , Terrified being more accurate!!!!
Was terrified I would end up enormous in size [am tiny in frame] and weight gain loads as it fat stores the glucose...
Have found eating tiny portions plus low carb and keeping active etc... Am able to 'control' most things.
Only being caught out with things like change of weather induced few [hypo's] , stress, illness, antibiotics
interfere with my lowered blood sugar levels pushing them 'up' again!
You learn gradually to adapt and look/eat to your meter and listening to your body helps you along too.
It is best to think and take tiny baby steps with it all or else it can feel overwhelming and too much ...
Remember to ask any questions you feel/need to here on the forum.
Keep us updated on your progress too. We care and do wonder how you are also.
We are all here to support and help you along.
Much love and thoughts.
Anna.

serendipity

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles!
Liver
catherinecherub said:
When you have anaemia the test is false as it comes back very low. The red blood cells are affected by anaemia.
It is not usual to give someone in your position a Fructosamine test. Have you been offered one?
http://www.labtestsonline.org.uk/unders ... e/tab/test

Thanks Catherinecherub
The link explains it well and I will mention this to the Dr :thumbup: x

serendipity

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles!
Liver
shop said:
Hi Serendipity,

Good luck I can understand you being anxious but you will get used to it. As nigel says with help and support you will be OK

Lucy xxx
Thanks Lucy x

serendipity

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles!
Liver
anna29 said:
Hi linda.
How frustrating for you , all this worry and stress wont be helping [[[[HUG]]]]
You do seem to keep being moved about quite a bit by varying results and what the DSN says...
No wonder you're confused I would be too!
Have you had a chance to discuss or chat about 'which' insulin they're considering using with you?
Sorry cant shed any light on the anaemia, but CC above has some suggestion and info link there for you
to read up on.
The long wait and you're blood sugars troughing n peaking must be so frustrating and bewildering ...
If this can reassure you a little - I was similar to yourself till started the insulin regime.
Once got started on it , going up 5units per each weekend till my blood sugars levelled out more steadier
Split dosed the insulin for better background cover at 20/20 units twice daily.
I quickly started to feel tons better! So I 'did' find to my amazement that insulin "does" work!!!!
Prior to agreeing to try it - I was insulin phobic n put up a hugefight against going onto it , Terrified being more accurate!!!!
Was terrified I would end up enormous in size [am tiny in frame] and weight gain loads as it fat stores the glucose...
Have found eating tiny portions plus low carb and keeping active etc... Am able to 'control' most things.
Only being caught out with things like change of weather induced few [hypo's] , stress, illness, antibiotics
interfere with my lowered blood sugar levels pushing them 'up' again!
You learn gradually to adapt and look/eat to your meter and listening to your body helps you along too.
It is best to think and take tiny baby steps with it all or else it can feel overwhelming and too much ...
Remember to ask any questions you feel/need to here on the forum.
Keep us updated on your progress too. We care and do wonder how you are also.
We are all here to support and help you along.
Much love and thoughts.
Anna.

Hi Anna
I do feel like im being messed about :(
I just want to feel well again, or at least better.
Neither Dr or Nurse have discussed which Insulin apart from DN did say I might get away with only one dose of Insulin as she said my fasting bg wasnt too bad :shock: I thought they were terrible :eek:
Ive heard so much about the wonders of Insulin so hope it works for me too :thumbup:
I Love this forum and the members, youve all been brilliant! :thumbup:
Will keep you updated
Linda x

serendipity

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles!
Liver
Hello :wave:
Seems I'm moving to Insulin on Monday, starting a Basal/Bolus regime.
The appt is with my Diabetic Dr as the DN was messing about :roll:
Anyone have any info on the basal/bolus?

Linda