Type 1 Unplanned Pregnancy - Very Scared

mylittlepuds

I am really scared. I'm about 3 and a half weeks pregnant - unplanned.

My A1C is 7.5 which isn't great considering - and around the time of conception my sugars went a bit wild which I just put down to my impending period (which obviously didn't come).

My nurse says this is usual but I'm scared about the impact those first two weeks have had - not only that my sugars are still not perfect and in fact have hovered around 8/9 all day today.

Is there still a chance for this baby? I feel so worried and guilty that I have potentially damaged my unborn baby.

I already have one baby who is 17 months old and he's perfect. But my A1C was also perfect - around 5.5 throughout.

If anyone could give me some positive stories I'd very much appreciate it.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Just thought I would give your post a "bump" (pardon the pun!! :lol: )

I'm sure some of our ladies will come along at some point and reassure you but in the meantime, if you scroll down to the bottom of this page you will see a couple of stories there that should reassure you.

Congratulations! :)

viv1969

Honey there's every chance that if you get yourself to the Drs now and get all the care you can, you will have done your baby no harm whatsoever. Good luck!! xx

Vix85

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

Just wondered how your pregnancy went and how you both are?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Vix85 According to her profile the op has not been on the forum for six years so sadly you may not get an answer to your query.