Diabetes and tattoos

andycranch

I have got Type 1 Diabetes, have also got 2 large tattoos on my upper arms and am planning for a half sleeve. Got my first tatt a month before being diagnosed and my 2nd after living with diabetes for a year no probs with either, the place where i got them both done was cleaner than the dr's surgery i go to and the hospital( I was admitted to where i was first diagnosed and caught an infection and was hospitalised for nearly 5 days!)
Keep your tatts clean apply savlon and then moisturiser, use your common sense if you get a bad impression when you walk into a place don't get tattooed there! Simples!

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I have 6 tattoos all done since I've been diabetic. They all healed in normal time. I didn't ask anyone if it was ok to have it done and I didn't tell the tattooist either cos I know as soon as people know your diabetic they treat you different.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
I'd quite like to get myself a "tramp stamp" but I can never work out what I'd like to have tatooed.

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
borofergie said:
I'd quite like to get myself a "tramp stamp" but I can never work out what I'd like to have tatooed.

Dairy2BWip2BCans.jpg

:D

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
catza said:
borofergie said:

Dairy2BWip2BCans.jpg

:D

Ha ha! Of course - my one true love tattooed on my arm forever! :lol:

Which reminds me - I haven't tasted her sweet love for over 30 days now!

C

chris lowe

I'm type 2 and have 4 tatoos now done in the last year (going through my rebellious teenage phase about 40 years to late) one on top of each arm, one on my ankle and a new one on my shoulder and I've had no problems. They were a bit sore a couple of hours after but a couple of paracetamol sorted it out. No problems with colour fading or scabbing. Just make sure its clean and you use the bepanthon cream. Tat itself just felt like something scratching my ski so mot really painful though the ankle was uncomfortable so I think it depends on location. If you're sure it's for you go for it