advice please

jencrafts

I am on humolog injections 3 times a day and a basal of lantus at night. I cannot get my evening readings of blood level below 14_19 any advice please

Elc1112

Hi Jen,

How are you levels the rest of the day? If I were you I'd first try upping my dinner time fast acting insulin. If this doesn't work (bear in mind you'll probably need to give it a few days), try increasing your long lasting I sulking by a unit or two. Failing that, talk to your doctor about splitting your lantus dose.

Em

l0vaduck

jencrafts said:
I am on humolog injections 3 times a day and a basal of lantus at night. I cannot get my evening readings of blood level below 14_19 any advice please

I have a few questions which might help people make more informed and helpful suggestions:

- are you carb counting and adjusting your insulin?
- how long after your evening meal are you getting these high readings?
- what are your pre-meal readings like?

Depending on the answers to these, there might be more!

jencrafts

I am not Carb counting and have only been told 5 days ago I can adjust insulin my day ones are fine 7_9 evening meals I test 2hrs later and was 15_16 bed time I have my basal of 28 units .last night I was 7 panic so I had banana and 2 rich tea biscuits woke this morning at 7.8 which is fantastic for me.I do take other medications as had cancer and other things wrong in last few yrs but being low at night is a fear I must get out of and I was on my own also I don't want to seem like I am moaning but would like to be more stable don't eat sweets or cakes etc and am told its because I am to strict with myself. Than you for answering my query but am now starting to think I need a hypnotherapist