Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.
Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

6.3 this morning.

simply_h

4.8mmol this morning, so it seems to be around the high 4's to very low 5's.

Which will do for now, no more monring testing now for me for a while.

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

6.2 today.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.

I rarely check this nowadays (too depressing and a bit pointless) so my 5.8 this morning was a pleasant surprise.

TUI

6.8 this morning, I'm a high in the morning person always over 7's so pleased with this. Started having a snack before going to bed to see if that helps as we eat around 7pm (strawberries and peanut butter last night) Seem to stay in the 6's & 7's during the day.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity

Since being diagnosed on 8 August and starting on low carb/high protein diet + Metformin SL 1000mg plus Chromium and L-Tyrosine daily my morning FBS has gone from 10.9 in the first week down to 6.2 during the past four days and it's remained fairly constant around the 6.2 - 6.8 mark throughout the day.

I'm not able yet to do much exercise due to breathing problems so I'm fairly sedentary but I'm pleased with that improvement over just a few weeks. Also I think due to the Chromium and L-Tyrosine I'm not craving carbs at all, in fact I'm not getting half as hungry as before and for the first time in years, I'm not constantly thinking about food and what I can fill myself up with. So SOMETHING is working. And my poor, battered digestive system is getting a hard earned rest too. :)

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

michael7955

Hi all I had type 2 for number of years buut recently my blood sugars first thing are between 11/14 got the symptoms of diabetic all over again doc trying to sort it but it a pain any sugesstions?

TUI

michael7955 said:
Hi all I had type 2 for number of years buut recently my blood sugars first thing are between 11/14 got the symptoms of diabetic all over again doc trying to sort it but it a pain any sugesstions?

Are you on drugs or have you managed to control it before by diet. I too seem to have a problem in the mornings and would welcome any tips to get it down.

TUI

GraceK said:
Since being diagnosed on 8 August and starting on low carb/high protein diet + Metformin SL 1000mg plus Chromium and L-Tyrosine daily my morning FBS has gone from 10.9 in the first week down to 6.2 during the past four days and it's remained fairly constant around the 6.2 - 6.8 mark throughout the day.

I'm not able yet to do much exercise due to breathing problems so I'm fairly sedentary but I'm pleased with that improvement over just a few weeks. Also I think due to the Chromium and L-Tyrosine I'm not craving carbs at all, in fact I'm not getting half as hungry as before and for the first time in years, I'm not constantly thinking about food and what I can fill myself up with. So SOMETHING is working. And my poor, battered digestive system is getting a hard earned rest too. :)

Thats very good, interesting about the Chromium, I've been on the Patrick Holford low GL eating plan for three months and he recommends Chromium and vitamin c daily, haven't managed to get into the exercise thing yet, hopefully your breathing problems will improve. My husband is chronic asthmatic but he is worst when he is really overweight so he is following the same eating plan and its having great results.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods

this a.m. 5.0

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

Me too, Fergus - 5.0 at 08:30.

Viv 8)

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Well it's taken nearly 2 weeks to get the DP back down again since naughty episode but back down to 5.9 this morning....

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

5.1 at 08:15 today.

Viv 8)

TUI

6.2 this morning lowest its been, been on chia seed for two days and its come down from 7.2, 6.8 yesterday

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods

5.0 again Viv

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity

My BG this morning was 6.9 after fasting for approx 12 hours. That's the lowest it's been in the morning since I was diagnosed. I started on LCHF diet, in a fashion, about 3 days ago and already I'm feeling better in some ways. My head isn't as foggy as it has been for years, I feel more alert, more awake, whereas before I felt like i had a permanent hangover even though I don't drink!

Yesterday I ate -

BREAKFAST - half a tub of egg/mayonnaise sandwich filler on 4 Hovis crackers; 1 small lamb chop grilled complete with fat; and a cup of tea with skimmed milk

Mid morning snack - 2 fresh peaches as a snack

LUNCH - 4oz piece of grilled ribeye steak with salt and pepper; sauce made of half a small chopped red onion, mushrooms, full cream, seasoned with salt, pepper and dill, couple of tablespoons of mashed carrot and swede.

Teatime - 1 Tescos fresh baked seeded roll with Lurpak butter with a cuppa. Didn't feel like any more protein so didn't have any.

Snack - another cuppa with 3 very tiny fairy cakes without any icing etc.

During the day I'd made several cups of tea, all of which I sipped at and later found I'd forgotten about so I'm also drinking less tea than I did before.

I had carbs in the 4 Hovis crackers but I don't know how many - but it felt like enough.
Also carbs in the peaches and the carrot and swede mash but again I don't know how many. I'm going to judge the quantities in terms of spoonfuls rather than weighing.

So I had plenty of protein and fats, some carbs but not many and I felt fine, didn't feel at all hungry. I felt satisfied and satiated and could feel my energy returning rather than uncomfortably full and bloated, not digesting my food and exhausted.

Amazon has just let me know that my LCHF cookbook is on its way so that's good because I need more recipes and ideas.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods

4.8 THIS MORNING :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.