9.2 after exercise :(

PatTheBaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tested a 9.2 after 1hrs exercise today :( Breakfast beforehand was just one piece of low carb toast and unsweetened coffee for breakfast. I'm on 3 Metformin per day.

Grazer

You may have had a liver dump. If you exercise hard after little fuel, your blood sugars can go low so your liver corrects by releasing glycogen (glucose) into the blood. Unless, of course, your BGs were far higher than the 9 before exercise and just came down with the exercise. Do you know what your reading was before exercise?

RobsterinSheff

Dislikes
Type 2 diabetes; Hashimotos; English weather; arrogant and self centered people
I have given up testing after I exercise if that exercise is within the postprandial 2 hour window. Because whatever I do- be it anaerobic or aerobic- it seems to put me at or above 7.8mmol 2 hours after my meal (especially anaerobic exercise- which will raise your BG rather than reduce it).

My view is that I am just one of those T2Ds for whom the one-two punch of weight-bearing anaerobic exercise and food is too much for the system :(

I started to test two hours after I exercised- if that exercise started a good 2 hours after I ate. That the number is always below 7.8 whether the exercise is aerobic or anaerobic.

A

Anonymous

I find my levels are, briefly, higher after exercise but that it doesn't last long. I suspect it's worse if I'm a bit low when I start. I wouldn't let it put you off.

the east man

Dislikes
having to think about everything I eat
Grazer said:
You may have had a liver dump. If you exercise hard after little fuel, your blood sugars can go low so your liver corrects by releasing glycogen (glucose) into the blood. Unless, of course, your BGs were far higher than the 9 before exercise and just came down with the exercise. Do you know what your reading was before exercise?
I would agree :thumbup:

simply_h

Hello,

I used to find this when I 1st started exersizing, but as time has done on (only a matter of a few months) my BS levels are always around 5mmol to 4mmol 1 hour after exersize no matter what the workout is, this is even after a protein shake as well.

So my own experience on this it that it just takes a little time.

Keep exersizeing, as in the long run, it will defo do you some good.

take care

Simply.

C

chris lowe

My bg always goes up after exercise. I think it's something to do with the muscles releasing sugar (or something like that)