What was your fasting blood glucose number this morning?

davey b

Well it's only just my 3rd week on HumulinM3 and I was 8.2 this morning - which I'm more than happy with! Since starting I've been adjusting my doses each week and am seeing it drop by about 1.3 each week. The first week I suffered several hypos and told my nurse I was going to try it MY way and do it gradually rather than 'beat it into submission'! As a result, I haven't had the anger, frustration and despair that my brother and sister went through when they were first diagnosed years ago.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
This is a continuation of the original fasting bg levels thread :thumbup:

Malc.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine was 4.9 this morning. :thumbup:

Tracey69

Hi
Unfortunately my fasting blood sugar was rather high 18, but i have been coming off a drug which makes me feel rather anxious which i have put the high sugars down too. I have adjusted my insulin, but usually it settles after a few days, so i check my blood sugars more often. Before my evening meal tonight it came down to 8.7 so felt better as i felt dihydrated.
All i can say your learn how to adjust your insulin as time goes by, but we are here to help and use the site to look up carb, but as you say your family have it so you probably know this.
Good luck and take some advice from your nurse or doctor as never did, but the last 5-7yrs have got better control of the diabetes, but have a few complications which i wouldn't of had may be if i listened.
Take care
Tracey