Great Results!

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Just been to see my DSN for my latest Hba1c results.

I have been low carbing for 2 months, my last Hba1c was 8.9 up from 8.1 and I had put on 7lbs. All this from following the standard NHS advice.

Well today I have been told to stop taking the Pioglitazone as my result is a little lower than my DSN would like!!! I have achieved 6.3!!!! I would be happy to keep it around there, myself. My DSN would rather it was around 7. Im so amazed, I have also lost 15lbs. Its all thanks to low carbing. I hope the weight loss continues along with my motivation.

I just want to say a big thank you to everyone on here. I have only achieved this through finding this site, with help and advice from people here.

Fish and chips for tea tonight??? No chance!!!!!

MaryJ

Wow fantastic results Lenny

It does my head in that the HCP's would like it 'a little bit higher' grrrrrrrr why?

You've reduced your meds, now only on metformin, why on earth would you want it to be higher, why not less metformin as a future target?

Anyway, well done again. yet another proof of the NHS standard advice being wrong, wrong and wrong again

Mary x

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Lenny3 wrote
My DSN would rather it was around 7.

She doesn't want to do herself out of a job, remember :lol:

Well done, you :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Geoff

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well done Lenny :clap:

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Lenny!

Well done you! That's a great result. You'll be in the 5s next time at this rate - that'll freak your DSN out :lol:

Smidge

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Thanks Guys, I am so very proud.

I must admit that I don't want it to go back up to 7, I'll happily stick around 6. If next time I go for my Hba1c results she tries to get me to put it up I will discuss it with her. Unlike some of the horror stories I hear on here my DSN is lovely and very supportive.