Insulin Pump Therapy

marcusblack

Hi there - I am new to this forum and only started posting today. I am 37 years old and have been type 1 since November 1977 (35 years!!)

I attended a DAFNE course in February 2011 and found this very useful but recently my blood sugars can just randomly for 2 or 3 days go off the chart so I mentioned this to my consultant who recommended an insulin pump. I have a couple of friends who use them and have highly recommended them so was wondering what peoples' experiences of them are on here?

I have been referred pretty quickly all in all and will be getting the pump on the 1st October (I am getting the meditech paradigm veo pump)

All advice is gratefully received

C

catherinecherub

Hi marcus,

There is an insulin pump board and you may get a better response there. There is also a great deal of information within the posts.
viewforum.php?f=14

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Great news Marcus and not long to wait now :thumbup:

pickle76

Hi,

Well I have to say that going on a pump was the best decision I ever made. Do think you'd get more responses if you posted this in the Pump Forum like catherinecherub suggested, but in the meantime if you've got any questions, I'll try to help. (I'm on the Accu-Chek Combo pump though, so I may not be able to help with questions relating to your specific pump).

Jo