Air bubbles in Victoza

Lemonie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had to return a Victoza pen last week because I got a large air bubble in the cartridge and it is supposed to be sealed so no 'air shot'. I did an airshot on it but after injecting another bubble appeared. The pharmacist checked the batch was different on the new pen but now this morning after injecting I notice another air bubble in the new pen?

I have a case for my insulin and victoza which is kept flat in the kitchen, not shaken at all. Has anybody else had problems with this?

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Do you store it in a cool dark place??
I keep my pen in use in the bottom of my wardrobe and pointing upwards. I do not get recurrent bubbles storing the pen this way.

Lemonie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My pen is kept in a case provided by the hospital and lays on it's side on top of my sharps bin in the kitchen.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
To my way of thinking, a kitchen is probably too warm for storing your in-use Victoza pen and could be why bubbles are forming in the solution.

Victozavixen

I started using Victoza a over a month ago, the first pen I used wen ok, but ever since, I have been getting these bubbles that are driving me nuts. I called the lab, and they exchanged the pen immediately for a new box.
I kept having the same problems after four days I opened the new one, and called the laboratory again. They sent me an expert to teach me to do it the wrong way.
So here I am 2 weeks later with the same problem. On friday they will be sending me the best, most experienced person on the field to see what's wrong (by the way, today I got another new box with new pens, because the otherones got bubbles also).
Try calling your local laboratory, because it is already expensive and they will sure help you. The phone no. is at the back of the box.
I live in Mexico, and have the pen in room temp. in a horizontal way, no shaking, no nothing, just laying there. So I don't think it's the temp.
They said I must have shaked it, but NO, I did not shaked it at all. I'll post on my blog how the visit went. :thumbup:
Good Luck!

anita may

Hi all.

I neen using victoza now for 18 months and only had air bubbles once.

I keep my unsed one refrigerated until a few houra before my injection is due but the one im using is in its case in my living room.This is usually stored flat but occasionally I do have to pop it into my work bag when I do an all day shift. So it gets a good shake around.

This doesn't usually cause bubbles to appear but would like to see if repeated days of being rattled and bumped around will have effect as im off on holidays soon and will be taking ny injections on a bumpy journey.

Best wish
Anita

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App