Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sue1959

Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

Mine have gone from being 7-8 up to 10-12! Don't know why just eating the same!

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !

5.3 at 0840

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.

5.7 this morning

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

sue1959 said:
Mine have gone from being 7-8 up to 10-12! Don't know why just eating the same!

Are you coming down with a cold, or taking new meds, or stressed about anything? They can all affect your BGs

4.7 today at 08:0.

Viv 8)

sue1959

Daughter has taken her exams and now in college though only local. Also working longer as Bosses wife has breast cancer and he's not in all th e time as they have a 7 yr old so he's doing school runs and hospital runs etc. So stress poss I suppose.

peterlemer

My average is around 8. Can't find a way to reduce that, though I suspect better sleep and eating more lightly at night may help.

You might fiond this interesting, if you can read between the lines:

" During the day, humans burn glucose... from ... food. This ... supplies the muscles and other parts of the body expending energy. At night, when we sleep, we revert to stored fat as a source of very dependable but slowly released energy. But certain parts of the body, most notably the brain, require glucose as a source of energy, even when we fast.

Pancreatic islet cells control both sides of this energy equation. Located in the pancreas, they produce glucagon, a hormone released during fasting, to tell the liver to make glucose for use by the brain. This process is reversed when we feed, and when the pancreatic islets release insulin, which tells the liver to stop making glucose.

Thus glucagon and insulin are part of a feedback system designed to keep blood glucose at a stable level.

The new findings ...identify a relay system that explains how glucagon activates (a) switch during fasting, and how that system is compromised during diabetes. " "But in insulin-resistant type II diabetic individuals, the switch is turned on too strongly because the insulin signal is not getting through,"

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 040612.php

enjoy :)

pete T2D Last HbA1c way too high so have embarked on a strict supplement regime. Next test soon.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.

5.2 this sunny morning.
6.8---2+ hours after breakfast

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

5.2 this sunny morning.

sterling

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

My average fasting reading across a six month sample is 7.2.

The six average readings more generally are:

fasting >>> 7.4
breakfast +2hrs >>> 7.1
before lunch >>> 6.3
lunch +2hrs >>> 6.4
before dinner >>> 6.0
dinner +2hrs >>> 6.8
before bed >>> 6.1

Despite tight control and some experimentation, I have not been able to achieve a reduction in the fasting average.

I have noticed that as I have tightened my control, the average changes very little but the range of readings deviate far less from the average.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity

6.8 on waking and before breakfast ... am going to test more frequently today.

My problem is that I tend not to be able to face food until around 10.30 or 11ish so that's when I'll have what I'd call my breakfast/lunch depending on what I eat - sometimes it will be black pud and egg, other times it will be a piece of steak with veggies and by the time I come to test myself 2hrs after I'm ready for a snack. I find it really hard to do the three meals a day thing.

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

6.7 and 8.5 two hours after breakfast.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.

5.6 this morning

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity

6.4 on waking and 9.4 an hour after brunch of 2 Morrisons beef sausage, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon of Heinz beans, 2 mushrooms and 2 tomatoes - 2 cups of coffee with single cream (Miss Piggy breakfast) :oops:

3.5g carb in each sausage
2g in cream
didn't weight the beans but will next time

I bought a set of measuring cups from ASDA, haven't used them yet but I think they'll be helpful in getting to grips with weighing carbs. Once I've measured them once or twice and visualised the amount in the cup it will be a case of knowing how much to put in the cup without bothering with the scales. Got to get the eye/hand coordination right when dishing out my portions. :)

Must admit I now feel very satisfied and probably won't want to eat anything more than crackers and sandwich filler for tea.

Amazed myself yesterday, had a sudden burst of energy, cleaned my living room, dusted, vacuumed, shifted furniture even!!! :D

What was even MORE amazing was that I still had the energy to go food shopping after I did all that. :)

A few weeks ago I was sitting here thinking "It must be getting on for 2 months since I vacuumed under that table and dusted that bookcase, oh sod it, I'll do it tomorrow." :lol:

TUI

6.8, been down the 6's for three mornings (always been high 7's) after not having a late night snack and less carbs with my last meal, I have dinner about 7 - 7.30

TUI

6.3 this morning lowest yet , I'd put a smiley on but don't know how.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.

Just click on a smiley on the RH side of the reply box or post. It will appear as text, but if you press "preview" you will see it how it will appear in the submitted post. Submit as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.