What's your weight loss today/this week?

Defren

xyzzy said:
A totally unexpected 1lb. A new world record of 13st 1lb BMI 23.5

Good grief Steve, you will look like a lolly stick soon. :lol:

Very well done, this weight loss malarky isn't easy, so every pound lost is a small victory.

RoyG

Dislikes
To many to mention.
Not lost any weight in the last 4 weeks keeps hovering 85-86kg still got another 6kg to go and it just will not budge, getting wound up now, it seems since I increased my carbs from 30 to 50-60 a day I have stopped losing the weight. Or has my body just reached it's optimum of 85kg? the wife says I look good and don't need to lose any more, and I am a lot slimmer now and I have got my muscle back, but I am not at my BMI,

Mileana

Roy how is your body composition? Muscular? Skinny? Big bones?

My standard ideal weight for me as a lady with this and that height is supposed to be 60kg +/- 5kg, but all the scales at the gym and dietician say I should be no less than 70 as I have a solid frame and lots of muscle from bodybuilding/weightlifting.

Is there a change in waist circumference?

You can make an alright guess of the above things via some 'ideal body weight for my frame' searches on google - really does depend on how you're made.

Most very muscular people are far more dense than pure BMI calculator takes into account.

For me it is a small weight loss, about a pound in the past week, but my shape is changing, which I like.

RoyG

Dislikes
To many to mention.
Hi Mileana, I am what you would call muscular with broad shoulders, I have been been a pipe fitter/welder most of my adult life until going over to the Office side 10 years ago but my work involved heavy lifting and strenuous work. For most of my life I have been around 13st 7lb which is where I am now my BMI says I should be 12st, but I think maybe 13st ideal now, so I would have another 7lb to go. I have lost 6" off my waistline being 45" when diagnosed now 39" little bit more to go I think.

Mileana

Sounds like sensible goals and I don't think I would personally worry myself sleepless - it will come off eventually if it's meant to.

Well done on the reduction.

-M

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
I've been doing the 'nurse your dying mother through a rare aggressive cancer which kills her in 3 weeks and then have to contend with 2 ***** sisters who just want the money before she is cold in her coffin' diet. I'd not recommend it, but have found that I've lost 3 lbs, taking me down to 8 st 1 lbs - 1 lb above my target. There has to be a silver lining in every dark cloud. If I'd not been seduced by the comforts of toasted tea cakes I would probably have lost a lot more weight.

TUI

didie said:
I've been doing the 'nurse your dying mother through a rare aggressive cancer which kills her in 3 weeks and then have to contend with 2 ***** sisters who just want the money before she is cold in her coffin' diet. I'd not recommend it, but have found that I've lost 3 lbs, taking me down to 8 st 1 lbs - 1 lb above my target. There has to be a silver lining in every dark cloud. If I'd not been seduced by the comforts of toasted tea cakes I would probably have lost a lot more weight.

Been there, hope you are surviving

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Last January I weighed 15st 10lb, then I caught a nasty lung infection and dropped 10lb in a week - not the best way to lose weight but hey it all helps.

I then went up to 15st 4lb which is what I was when I was diagnosed T2 early in August. I then went to hospital for a pre-op appointment and weighed in on their scales at 16st fully clothed and was horrified. :shock: Nurses must be used to patients being horrified by their weight now, have you noticed how they don't tell you unless you ask and they niftily step back about three feet from you while it sinks in? :lol:

Anyway I checked on my own scales at home the next morning and I was 15st 4lb but this morning I checked and I'm 15st.

I like my scales much better than hospital scales, I also like weighing myself in the morning rather than the afternoon - and I'm going on the premise that MY scales are correct of course! :p

So today I am 15st :D and I would be very happy to lose 5 stone FOREVER. :)

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Things are moving again. A 2lb loss! Now 13st dead so BMI 23.4 :D

Mileana

My body decided to tell me all the time that I was hungry. I decided since it was so persistant, probably it was right.

Added 500 kcals to my diet, losing weight again. Metabolism must have needed a kick. Will reduce again in a couple days.

confusedtom

Hello 18 stone 4 lbs a 2 lbs loss this week lost a lot over last two years normally at 1 lbs week target target to lose another 25 lbs by Christmas and to move from obese very fat tom

TUI

Down to 12st 3 from 15st, appetite much smaller now, husband cant believe the size of my meals . Went to an evening wedding do Saturday and wasn't even tempted by the buffet, there is only so much diet coke I can drink though but managed to get one of the bar staff to make me some tea

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Dear Didie, so sorry to read your post. Most people of our age have been through it, I have and so I know how awful it is but I personally ate everything in sight at the time and put on loads of weight. I hope you feel better soon, regards, Deb x

Mushroom

Morning all. Hit 3 stone total weight loss today. Down from total weight of 19 stone. 6 more stone to go. Averaging 2 lbs a week. Yippee!Other people starting to notice loss. Husband very pleased but says now all the wrinkles will appear (51 yrs of age).

susanmanley

Well done mushroom.
I feel my one stone hit is not so great now but also given a boost by seeing from so many here that all is possible with help and support....all available here I am pleased to say

New weight 10st 13lb so a stone to go.

Doing it slowly so it stays [Thats my excuse anyway :lol: :lol: :lol: ] also I don't want to look 'haggered' !!!

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Nada, zilch, zero. Very frustrating still exactly 13 stone just one more pound!

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Yaaaayyyy! At last! After weeks of low carbing and Metformin I've started to lose some weight. Got on the scales this morning and I'm 2.5lb lighter than I was a few weeks ago. So it was a slow start but is beginning to pay off. Due to the chronic fatigue/asthma and another health issue I've found it really hard to walk much over the past few months so have had almost no exercise at all really for months. But now that the LCHF diet is making me feel a little better physically I'm going to start a daily walk regime. I was swimming twice a week until a few weeks ago before my op so I'm hoping to get back to that soon too and see how that kickstarts my weight loss. Might even jump on the treadmill while I'm there!

TUI

GraceK said:
Yaaaayyyy! At last! After weeks of low carbing and Metformin I've started to lose some weight. Got on the scales this morning and I'm 2.5lb lighter than I was a few weeks ago. So it was a slow start but is beginning to pay off. Due to the chronic fatigue/asthma and another health issue I've found it really hard to walk much over the past few months so have had almost no exercise at all really for months. But now that the LCHF diet is making me feel a little better physically I'm going to start a daily walk regime. I was swimming twice a week until a few weeks ago before my op so I'm hoping to get back to that soon too and see how that kickstarts my weight loss. Might even jump on the treadmill while I'm there!

Well done you, I just can't get into the exercise bit and I know I do need to, somebody kick me