Making Progress at last :-)))

shop

Hi Guys and Gals,

Just thought I'd let you know that I am finally making progress. My Hosp appt today:

HBA1C 7.7 old money. :D

I know compared to those in the 5/6 group its not fantastic but to me is a big move in the right direction. Which has taken a while to get there. He said that my readings in fact were a bit tight with a few too many hypos. So a couple of ratio adjustments made. Hopefully this will even things out even more. I am due back again in 4 months and that if I start to struggle the option of a pump will still be there. ( I currently have good hypo awareness and no nocturnal hypos ) I just need to try and level those readings out a bit more :D

The only concern he had was my weight loss, I have lost more weight but not intentionaly. I am careful purely as wanting to get good readings. I thought he had requsted bloods for my thyroid but no results there. I think I may need less thyroxine so am going to make an appt with my GP.

Anyway happy with that and will just keep on going.

Lucy xxx

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Well done Lucy. Know how hard you've worked so keep it up :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Really really pleased for you Lucy, great to hear that they are willing to offer you the pump option in 4 months time :D

shop

Thanks Nigel,

I am hoping that I can get to acceptable A1C without the pump. However Dr said if I start to stryggle with hypos then what option is there so it is reassuring. :)

Lucy xxx

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
shop said:
I am hoping that I can get to acceptable A1C without the pump. However Dr said if I start to stryggle with hypos then what option is there so it is reassuring. :)

Fingers crossed then Lucy :thumbup:

shop

Just an update: Been feeling more and more poorley the last few weeks, more weight and muscle loss Which I don't need as having physio on my legs to build the non existant muscles. Despite A1C Having improved.

Saw GP today ( a different one ) Sooooo helpful. My TSH on my last thyroid function test 6 months ago was low but because my T4 was within range my GP ( who I am registered under ) decided that my 150 microgram dosage should remain the same.

The Dr I saw today was so helpful and thought it reasonable that as I have lost 2 stone in weight, have had muscle wastage and am feeling pretty ill, ( despite diabetes control improving ) that the 150 micrograms of thyroxine may be too much and said that symptoms are also taken into account. ( when I questioned this with the other GP 6 months ago as I had lost 1 1/2 stone. He said that I had been on that dosage for th last 4 years and should stay on it. )

Consequentially dose reduce by 25 micrograms and bloods to check in 2 months.

What a difference a different GP can make!!

Shall definately be asking to see him in the future :)

Lucy xxx