Cauliflower salad?

Angela(NZ)

Dislikes
liars
Hi All

Does anyone have a recipe for "cauliflower salad" (is there such a thing?), im doing a BBQ this weekend and im wanting to do something a bit different than a normal lettuce salad. Perfer a cold dish, possibly like a potato salad....

Thanks! :D

Paul_c

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
winging it a bit here... :)

cauliflower head cut into florets and steamed until slightly crunchy
Mayonnaise (proper real full fat mayo...) enough to coat the cauliflower florets with
Mild curry powder: 1TBS
Bacon (grilled until crispy and cut into small pieces) as required (hold some back for finishing)
coarsely chopped Coriander leaves
Stir the curry powder and bacon pieces into the mayo first then stir the cauliflower florets carefully into the mayo to get everything fully coated.

Then sprinkle the remainder of the bacon and the chopped coriander over the mix in the serving dish

You can make the salad up the day before and keep it in the fridge just adding the finishing touches when you put it into the serving dish.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back in the 80's "al a grecque" used to be all the rage on every salad bar - you rarely see it now which is a shame because it's a good tasty low carb salad - you can use mushrooms too - as it's over 20 yrs since I made it and it's too early in the morning to start pulling out my old recipe books I found this recipe for you :)

http://greek.food.com/recipe/chilled-ca ... que-169632

WhitbyJet

Angela(NZ) said:
Hi All

Does anyone have a recipe for "cauliflower salad" (is there such a thing?), im doing a BBQ this weekend and im wanting to do something a bit different than a normal lettuce salad. Perfer a cold dish, possibly like a potato salad....

Thanks! :D

CAULIFLOWER, CAPER & ANCHOVY SALAD
1 cauli, cut into florets
1 tbsp capers
4 anchovy fillets
2 clove garlic
bunch of parsley
juice of 1 lemon
60ml olive oil
salt & pepper

Cook the cauli for 2-3 mins until al dente.

Put everything else into a blender and whizz,
season with the salt & pepper.

Put the cooked cauli on a plate or bowl and drizzle with the dressing.
Serve immediately.