Silicone bake wear problem

Defren

I have all silicone bake wear now as I find it so much easier, and I have never had a problem. All my silicone has come from Amazon except a few weeks ago I needed a square tin in a hurry so bought one in town. The single square tin I bought, cost me a good bit more than what I have paid on Amazon, so better quality? Well quite frankly - no! The thing I bought the tin for was fine, but tonight I made a huge (non diabetic) chocolate cake for the rest of the family. I am not baking anything I can eat until I get to a normal BMI (Please happen Monday :lol: ). Anyway, checked the cake with a skewer all was fine it was cooked properly, but it stuck to the silicone, or at least part of it did.

Has this happened to anyone else using silicone, and did you find a solution? I had to scrub the thing really hard to get rid of the stuck cake, where in the past everything just slides out. Confused.com.

WhitbyJet

Oh how annoying for you!!
Did you grease the mould and did you leave the cake to cool in the mould before turning out??

Defren

WhitbyJet said:
Oh how annoying for you!!
Did you grease the mould and did you leave the cake to cool in the mould before turning out??

Yes and yes. The rest of my silicone is fine, and this one was the one and only other time I have used it. I am wondering if it would be best in the bin and one bought from Amazon. Not that the tin mishap has caused the cake not to be eaten, a huge chunk was gone while it was still warm and all I can hear now is complaints about being too full. Guess that'll be my fault too. :lol:

Eva9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd bring it back to the shop and complain and hopefully get a refund. Then you could buy a new one on Amazon when you aren't in a rush. Would it have been a faulty batch of "tins". I have only one silicone loaf tin but find my cakes don't seem to cook as well. Also as they are made of silicone it is easy for the cake to flop when checking if it is cooked i.e. falling on the floor! I bought tin liners for my regular tins last week which are reuseable and so far so good they have worked great.