Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

7.1 this morning as I was making my first coffee. Had a couple of peaches yesterday evening but no choc or crisps. Also, jumped on scales and whoopeeeeeeeeee I've lost another 2lb so I'm chuffed to bits, that's 4lb altogether. I didn't lose anything the first few weeks on LCHF but it's starting to shift now. :D

When we put our morning readings in here I'd be interested to know whether others are losing weight and whether that's affecting their BG or not. :)

BlindFaith

GraceK said:
Also, jumped on scales and whoopeeeeeeeeee I've lost another 2lb so I'm chuffed to bits, that's 4lb altogether. I didn't lose anything the first few weeks on LCHF but it's starting to shift now. :D

WOOHOO!!!
Well done, Grace, that's brilliant! :clap:

Mine was 8.1 this morning.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.

I shoot Nikons said:
16.2 this morning. ******

I have looked back at your recent posts and it seems like you are having a rough time of things with the changeover of meds etc.
Just wanted to say not to lose heart and give the Victoza some time to settle in, hopefully you are managing to keep an eye on what you are eating too..every little helps. Good luck. :)

For me, yesterday morning 5.6, I woke up this morning feeling..I dunno, but not quite right, like I was starting to come down with some lurgy or another. Tested out of curiosity - 11.3 had only eaten 2 slices of wafer thin ham so there is definitely something going on! :shock:

millie_uk

6.7 this morning. Now on 2 x 500 Metformin. Should be starting on 3 from next week.

I shoot Nikons

ladybird64 said:
I shoot Nikons said:

I have looked back at your recent posts and it seems like you are having a rough time of things with the changeover of meds etc.
Just wanted to say not to lose heart and give the Victoza some time to settle in, hopefully you are managing to keep an eye on what you are eating too..every little helps. Good luck. :)

I have been sticking to the NHS guidelines on diet. However I think it's time to try a wee few days without starchy foods to see what happens. :)

irish-colt

Dislikes
Ignorance being passed as expertise

Hi all,
Had to crawl back into bed this morning after sticking my wee finger for my BG reading. Got a 10....normally a perfect score, but not in this place. Feeling well off my game, even now I just want to pull the covers over me. Must be the dreaded Man Flu. hope it passes quick. :lolno:

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity

I shoot Nikons said:
ladybird64 said:
I shoot Nikons said:

I have been sticking to the NHS guidelines on diet. However I think it's time to try a wee few days without starchy foods to see what happens. :)

When you decrease your carbs remember to UP your fats and eat a wee bit more protein than usual - fatty meats, streaky bacon instead of back bacon, a teaspoon of cream in your scrambled eggs, cream in your coffee and on your strawberries etc - makes all the difference to whether you feel hungry or not. I don't have lashings of cream and I only use single. All I've done is basically go back to my 'old fashioned' eating again and have gone back to butter, cream. I never bought 'low fat' anything but I did without instead, which was a mistake. The point is we don't need to eat fat until we feel sick, but we need to get back to eating enough of it in our diet again to ensure we're not hungry. It doesn't take much but it does work.

I shoot Nikons

Thank you very much for that, Grace! I'll be sure to up the fat a notch or two. :)

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.

6.7 fast/7.1 post breakfast (2 hours)

stillo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not been able to walk

This may sound ridiculous but i have been on glucophage for 2 months and my readings have gone from 7.2 to 10.8 on a morning with a weight gain of 6.6 kilos, Diabetic nurse is not very impressed with me

Cheers
Stillo

Caterham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

5.9 this morning, first time in the 5's in a morning.

Really fed up last night. Had my normal curry with a v small portion of rice. My wife had a bit of nan bread, and I stupidly ate the rest as I was hungry. Result was 9.5 after 2 hours, from a 5.2 before eating, and a lesson learnt. Won't do that again!

irish-colt

Dislikes

Good morning all,
Feeling better this morning and my BG was 7.4. More than likely because I was so sick yesterday I only had a couple of rounds of toast all day. Not an ideal way to diet or control BG readings. Ah well. :roll:

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

-My fasting was-6.5 and 2 hours after breakfast.-5.9

Defren

4.9 this morning. I suspect a liver dump as I did the 5:2 fast yesterday, with less than 300 calories and 5g of carbs, and a bed time reading of 4.8 it has to be DP.

irish-colt

Dislikes

Hi All,
Nice lie in and gently eased into the morning by the wife taking the grand-daughter to school. Ah the bliss of a warm bed all to my self. Pity my BG reading spoiled things :( came back as 9.6. Don't know why, really behaving myself these days and still off the drink. Roll on tomorrow. :)

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

I slept really heavily last night, didn't wake up until 08:30, and didn't manage to drag myself out of bed until gone 9!

Consequently I too have had a small liver dump - was 5.7 when I eventually checked, which is high for me these days.

That's probably what happened to you too, irish-colt - your liver was dumping glucose into your blood-stream in an effort to make you get out of bed!

Viv 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.