Comfy Shoes

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I have Morton's feet, which aere perfectly heqalthy, but have a short first metatarsal. this pulls the big toe joint backwards and causes the feet to look wide. In addition The shape causes ingrowing toe-nails. I've learned how to clip nails to avoid thatr problem. combine all this with high insteps and you've got difficulties with shoe fitting on perfectly healthy feet. It also means that 2 iof the best known comfort brands Hotter and Ecco are the wrong shape.
I fit Padders, Clarks and amazingly, some very cheap brands Like Shoe Zone. The only thing to do is to try on whenever the opportunity presents.
Hana

Neicy0412

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi again folks, I would like to thank you all for your suggestions, I have ordered and tried on several pairs of shoes and boots, sadly the "Hotter" catalogue did not arrive, but I have checked out most of your suggestions. I ended up with a pair of "cushionwalk" boots in an extra wide (EEEEE) fitting and they are **** near perfect. Wide enough, soft, pretty much seam free (where it counts) and with a very comfortable cushioned sole. All of that for just £25 BARGAIN. Not sure how long they'll last but for that price I don't mind. So thanks again, and if anyone else has problem feet, check them out :)

waws

have u tried easy walker a product from walkingandworkingshoes..like you i am also office going person having same problem as you have. Some one reffered me about this shoes site walkingandworking(.)com. i have a pair which are very comfy for long duration. i suggest you to opt for it..

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Loads of great info here about comfy shoes. I keep an amount of money available, so that if I spot a pair, I can try and buy. I've found comfy ones in odd places sometimes. M&S footgloves are brilliant! My feet are not a lot wider than normal, but awkward
My personal problem is SOCKS! I simply don't wear any inside my trainers.As I slip into shoes, the socks tighten on my feet and HURT. IF I must wear socks, I buy Toe socks. the silk ones are pricey, but comfortable. I also found that M&S do tights without toes, which are comfortable on me.
around the house I weat Flyflots. the backless ones with the insoles that mould to the feet.
Hana

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi All...
Am also wearing and favour the totally flat (no heel at all) backless Flyflots.
Wear these as slippers around the house and indoors.
These have an anatomic soles in them as Hana says they mould to the shape of your own feet!
Making them unique moulded to the shape of your own feet this feels even more 'comfy' to me. :thumbup:
Have dug my cosytoes seamless diabetic friendly thermal socks out too...
These are light thermal seamfree and so comfy despite being a tad expensive at £15
for 2 pairs.
Will pay what I have to now when it comes to my feet for the comfort factor !
Niecy its great to hear that you have found something suitable and wide fitting for yourself,
hope they are still comfortable for you.
Anna.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Cosyfeet do a good range of socks with no toe seam, and with non-elasticated tops so they don't mark my lower legs. I wear trousers all the time so I haven't tried their tights/stockings or pop-socks.

I wouldn't be seen dead in their shoes, but they do very wide and easy-access ones.

Many of their products are designed to be "diabetic-friendly".

Viv 8)

earadnils

This is my first ever post, but I'm a dedicated 'lurker'. I'm an ex-health care professional - retired GP with special interest in diabetes and low carb diets, and I don't have diabetes. I do, however, have very wide feet. Hotters are generally not wide enough for me, and the shoes I have at the moment (mostly well worn) are: Padders, Joseph Seibel, Romika and El Naturavista. Hope this is helpful.

Mamalu

I can totally recommend Hotter shoes, and they don't look too bad either! I have a pair of Sunrise like Viv, and absolutely love them, so comfy. Customer service is good, and if you look on their website, there is a measuring guide. Sadly Hotter do not pay me to endorse them either :)

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noisy dogs and loud music especially low-note drumming
Always since a lad had problems walking - however, ask yourselves this - "Why does BaliRob always have Hotter send him shoes to Indonesia?" I will tell you, they are excellent value for money and can withstand the mountainous pavements, so called, here which would destroy most makes in under a year. They are wonderfully comfortable and one can ask for extra-wide fitting.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
FNFH.jpeg

lily margaret

I always get my shoes from cosyfeet now. Not the cheapest on the market, but the first pair I had finally wore out after over 2 years - but I can still wear them for gardening!
Have currently got a really comfy pair of moccasins from them, don't know I'm wearing them, and I do one heck of a lot of walking with my guide dog.
:D

viv1969

Josef Seibel shoes are incredibly comfortable.
My local Clarks store used to stock them, but after the store closed I started ordering them online.
I cannot praise them hihgly enough.
A quick google will get you there.

Neicy0412

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have just ordered some "emu" boots. They are like Ugg boots. They look deliciously comfy, I hope they are. Can't wait until they arrive :)

Neicy0412

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have just bought a pair of Emu boots, they are fantastic, incredibly warm due to being fully lined with sheepskin and although they are suede they are treated to be waterproof. They are soooo comfy they are like wearing slippers,

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi Neicy.
My podiatrist was telling me she had ordered some emu slippers last time
I attended her clinic.
She also mentioned that they can be washed in the washing machine too!
Think I will take a peek at these - as they do sound great.
Anna.

kirsty248

Hey Niecy, you're really not alone with this issue and I know it can be so daunting and unflattering trying to find shoes that feel comfortably but also look nice. I know this post was a while ago but more suggestions always help. If you haven't found your dream shoe yet then you may find it with www.widerfitshoes.co.uk I found this site for my nan and she loved them. Hope this helps and I hope your feet are a lot more comfortable now

kellibabi

Hiya,

I get a lot of shoes from Evans (extra wide fittings available on a lot of styles).
You could try - Cosyfeet or a company called Duo (they do wide fittings on shoes and larger leg fittings on boots)

:)

hornplayer

I have fat calves, apparently. Can't find comfy long boots on the high street although my riding boots aren't any sort of specially wide fit and they are perfect. Needed something to wear this week for wandering around an extremely muddy field. Didn't want to wear riding boots ( leather and stupidly expensive!) so I went shopping for wellies. Couldn't find any that weren't too tight in the leg so I ended up borrowing a pair of Crocs boots from my nine year old nephew. They were brilliant! They are shaped really wide at the front, around the ball of your foot and toes. Fantastic. Loved them and will be getting my own!

Also, if you've got money to burn, there's a shop in Totness ( and online) called Conker. They will alter shoes to fit you, while you wait, if you're in the shop, or repeatedly, by post, until you're happy. I have several pairs ( bought before they became well known and put prices up!) and I love them.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App