Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irish-colt

Dislikes
Ignorance being passed as expertise
Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

Thanks for the information Viv, must off had another liver dump this morning. Took my BG an hour after I got up (and a cup of coffee of course) and it came back as 10.3. Down to 24 carbs a day (approx) so don't know where these reading's are coming from. :? Ah well, just have to bite the bullet and try and reduce my carbs even more.

p.s. If I swallow the bullet I'm biting on, does that increase my carbs ? :lol: :lol:

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity

irish-colt said:
Thanks for the information Viv, must off had another liver dump this morning. Took my BG an hour after I got up (and a cup of coffee of course) and it came back as 10.3. Down to 24 carbs a day (approx) so don't know where these reading's are coming from. :? Ah well, just have to bite the bullet and try and reduce my carbs even more.

p.s. If I swallow the bullet I'm biting on, does that increase my carbs ? :lol: :lol:

Ha! :lol: Yes I think it does. Someone told me that bullets are very high in carbs and their fat value is nil.

irish-colt

Dislikes

Way to go Nik. Looking better everyday. :clap:

irish-colt

Dislikes

Good one Grace, but I believe that the lead content could be just as big a health hazard. Did my normal routine yesterday, minus the 2 rounds of Burgen bread, and came back as 8.9. Small improvement but starting to go back down. :D

Fraddycat

5.5 this morning, which is the same as it was last night after dinner. I'm happy with that

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods

4.9 this morning

Fraddycat

Well done Fergus, I've never been in the 4s, not sure what I have to do to achieve that ...

Caterham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

6.2, fairly typical for me.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity

7.0 this morning with Codefree. I had my usual egg and bacon coffee and cream meal, mature cheddar on a couple of gluten free crackers for tea, but later in the evening around 8pm I was naughty and had 3 Jaffa cakes.

I've cut out all other obvious carbs completely, like potato, rice, pasta, bread, cakes, etc but I'm still not getting below 6 on most days at any point in the day. The lowest my BG has ever been since diagnosis was about 5.6 I think and that was only once. The rest of the time it's between 6-8 most days. I'm wondering what my HbAC1 will be and whether it's going to mean my doctor will prescribe additional meds for me, which I really don't want. Anyone got any advice please? :)

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity

FergusCrawford said:
4.9 this morning

Ferg - what are you doing to achieve 4.9 readings? I'm really interested in knowing how you're managing to achieve that. Also I notice in your signature you've completed Xpert Diabetic Grad online - what's that and what does it involve? :think:

Fraddycat

Hi Grace, I have really noticed that what I eat the night before impacts my FBG the next day, so last night 2 hours after dinner I was 5.5 and then I was 5.5 again this morning. So I think in your case the jaffa cakes will have been the culprit. I satisfied my sweet craving with unsweetened peanut butter, out of the jar with a spoon. Hit the spot and not massive impact on my BG :)

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.

5.4 this morning.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity

Fraddycat said:
Hi Grace, I have really noticed that what I eat the night before impacts my FBG the next day, so last night 2 hours after dinner I was 5.5 and then I was 5.5 again this morning. So I think in your case the jaffa cakes will have been the culprit. I satisfied my sweet craving with unsweetened peanut butter, out of the jar with a spoon. Hit the spot and not massive impact on my BG :)

Yep I think you're right. I've been really really good with my diet but I'm starting to experiment with 'naughty foods' to see what impact they're having. So I guess it's back to the peanut butter for me too. I wouldn't mind but I used to hate, loathe and despise Jaffa Cakes and fizzy sodas until about 2 years ago when I suddenly developed a taste for them for no apparent reason. :crazy:

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.

6.1 fast/7.2 after two hours

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity

6.9 this morning and am back on track today, no naughty foods. :)

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.

Fasting-6.7,Post breakfast-7.4

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods

GraceK said:
FergusCrawford said:
4.9 this morning

Ferg - what are you doing to achieve 4.9 readings? I'm really interested in knowing how you're managing to achieve that. Also I notice in your signature you've completed Xpert Diabetic Grad online - what's that and what does it involve? :think:

Grace, what I do is keep on a low(er) carb diet and try to eliminate DP by having a small snack before bed (usually an oatcake with cheese.) Unfortunately my efforts to banish the dreaded carb has not resulted in me losing my diabetes as I can still spike, though I try to keep 1 hr post meal to <6.9 :D
On resuming non low carb for testing, my last OGTT in Feb 2012, from 5.3 FBG, I spiked to 10.2 @ ~45 min, falling back to 5.0 in under 2 hrs.
I have completed the Xpert course (6x 1 hr sessions) and also the B-DEC online .carb counting course (whist still on insulin)

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity

6.3 this morning :D :D :D

But 2 hours after last evening's meal of fish and chips (I know, I know) my reading was 9.0. After I took that reading don't ask me why, but for some reason I decided to go the whole hog and have a cuppa coffee and cream with two mini Crunchies, in for a penny in for a pound I thought. Took my BS an hour after eating them and it was down to 6.8.

What's that all about? :think:

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity

FergusCrawford said:
GraceK said:
FergusCrawford said:
4.9 this morning

Grace, what I do is keep on a low(er) carb diet and try to eliminate DP by having a small snack before bed (usually an oatcake with cheese.) Unfortunately my efforts to banish the dreaded carb has not resulted in me losing my diabetes as I can still spike, though I try to keep 1 hr post meal to <6.9 :D
On resuming non low carb for testing, my last OGTT in Feb 2012, from 5.3 FBG, I spiked to 10.2 @ ~45 min, falling back to 5.0 in under 2 hrs.
I have completed the Xpert course (6x 1 hr sessions) and also the B-DEC online .carb counting course (whist still on insulin)

Thanks for the reply Fergus. I keep forgetting about the DP, would a couple of spoonfuls of cottage cheese before bedtime help with that? I love cottage cheese, could eat it by the tubful all on its own.

I've banished all the obvious carbs from my diet routinely and I don't miss them. But the lowest my BG has ever been is 5.6 and it's usually around the 6-8s but can spike to the 9s 2 hours after eating when I have my two weekly 'treat' of half a portion of fish and chips. It's a good reminder to me that I can't eat carbs on a regular basis and the day will come when I'll also refuse the chippy chips, but I'm not ready for that yet. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.