Recipe

maddiemo

Looking for a recipe for apple crumble with almond flour crumble topping. I have looked for so long on the net bought all the ingrediance but don't know how to make it. Do you think I could just use a normal recipe and substitute almond flour for ordinary flour?

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Thats what I would do, got loads of rhubarb in the garden.

maddiemo

Another apple crumble in the bin. I make really nice yummy things with ordanary flour but just can't work with almond. It was just like a lot of dry crumbs when I took it out the oven. I really want to get it right as its low carb and gluten free.
Also I bought some rhubarb but it is green should I ripen it somehow, never cooked with it before?

angua

maddiemo said:
Another apple crumble in the bin. I make really nice yummy things with ordanary flour but just can't work with almond. It was just like a lot of dry crumbs when I took it out the oven. I really want to get it right as its low carb and gluten free.
Also I bought some rhubarb but it is green should I ripen it somehow, never cooked with it before?
well its never going to be exactly like ordinary crumble but its worth persevering, try adding more fat to the crumble mix to get it to clump up more
You don't need to ripen rhubarb and keeping it too long won't make it less green - just bendy !

with pinker rhubarb you need less sugar/sweetener with the greener you'll need more

borlanddj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi
I make mine the Jamie Oliver way, using oats. Substitute coconut flour for the ordinary flour element. The oats give it the texture.

borlanddj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi
I make mine the Jamie Oliver way, using oats. Substitute coconut flour for the ordinary flour element. The oats give it the texture.