What song are you currently listening to?

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Another fairly recent discovery. Should appeal to Neil Young fans.
Aching guitar melodies to die for

[youtube]Q2Ut6AqhqA8&playnext=1&list=PL7E0B8646E8B38D66&feature=results_video[/youtube]

Geoff

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Sid Bonkers said:
Check out http://www.thisismyjam.com and open a free account then just scroll through millions of songs and click 'LIKE' the ones you like then you can play back your 'LIKE' list whenever you want.

The music changes every week and if you like a particular posters tracks you can 'FOLLOW' them which means you can listen to their picks every week.

You can also post your own favourite music video each week, if you want to know what my choice is this week log into my account http://www.thisismyjam.com/Sid_Bonkers

And dont forget its all FREE

ps. also check out the http://www.playingforchange.com web site for some great music recorded by street musicians world wide (a charitable web site)
Yay, someone else who uses Thisismyjam! I found it on BBC click and it's so good. It's such a great way of keeping a log of those songs that I listen to for a week on repeat then forget about a month later. Yay for social music websites :thumbup: http://www.thisismyjam.com/givernyison

Speaking of which, any last.fm users out there? Add me up: http://www.last.fm/user/givstar

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
In case anyone has missed my signature of late or did not click the link in my last post to Playing For Change, here is one of my favourite videos from their site.

All the musicians were recorded separately from all around the world, the individually recorded tracks are then mixed down and this is the result which is pretty spectacular IMHO.

Warning this video may contain Bono.........

[youtube]fgWFxFg7-GU[/youtube]

Bare in mind whilst listening to this that everyone playing and singing with one rather obvious exception is a street musician and unsigned to any record label, it is a testimony to the success of this musical charity that it attracted the attention of Bono from U2.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
No mussic on at the moment
In the car I have "The Moody Blues" and John Barrowman I enjoy the perfection of JB's vocal performance. Never the slightest error of breath control, phrasing or intonation.
In the house I also play a complation of very gentle classics which Joshua loves. Includes Gymnopedie No. 1.[myfavourite for if I'm a bit down} Even if he usesffew words, Joshua can ask me to put on his music when he comes on a Friday
I love Baroque music, but used to love performing it. I haven't sung for years and rarely listen to what was once my passion.
Never really got into popular music.
Hana

BlindFaith

Lindsey Stirling & Peter Hollens - "Skyrim Theme"

This entire track is just one mans voice and one woman on the violin. That's it.
And it's amazing.

[youtube]BSLPH9d-jsI[/youtube]

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
I bring you all one of my most populated playlists on Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/givstar/pl ... EnaHReUlxU

It's got loads of tracks on it from a huge range of artists, all of varying genres. Hopefully you'll all find something you like on there! There's a lot of duplicates unfortunately but oh well :lol:

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
BlindFaith said:
Lindsey Stirling & Peter Hollens - "Skyrim Theme"

This entire track is just one mans voice and one woman on the violin. That's it.
And it's amazing.

[youtube]BSLPH9d-jsI[/youtube]
Last night I listened to this twice as hubby wanted to hear it again!
We were both amazed by it... We loved it :D :D :D
Never heard anything like it before!
Thanks blindfaith for sharing this with us all. :thumbup:

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I'm singing this evening - Gilbert & Sullivan "Trial by Jury" & a few other Sullivan songs.

Why listen when you can sing?!?

BlindFaith

Anna - I'm really glad you enjoyed it! I had it on repeat for ages, the rest of her music is good as well.

I'm listening to Inon Zur, "Rogue Heart" from the Dragon Age 2 soundtrack:
[youtube]6jc_xqnTKWw[/youtube]

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
You really love your video game soundtracks, don't you BlindFaith! :clap: I'm an avid video gamer myself, and think you might find some of the World of Warcraft score interesting.

BlindFaith

Giverny said:
You really love your video game soundtracks, don't you BlindFaith! :clap: I'm an avid video gamer myself, and think you might find some of the World of Warcraft score interesting.

Some of them are just amazingly well done!
Glad to see another gamer here :wave: :D I'll add the WoW music to my "To Listen" list, thank you!

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
BlindFaith said:
Giverny said:

Some of them are just amazingly well done!
Glad to see another gamer here :wave: :D I'll add the WoW music to my "To Listen" list, thank you!
Indeed, nice to know us gaming folk aren't alone in the world! The Final Fantasy soundtracks are also amazing, especially VI onward :thumbup:

BlindFaith

The Borderlands soundtracks are pretty good as well and the "Thane" track on the Mass Effect 2 is epic :D

One of my favorite songs ever:
[youtube]MKk1u5RMTn4[/youtube]

mehdave

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rubbish doctors who dont listen. Unclean hospitals
Also an avid fan of movie and orchestral movie scores myself. Always been a fan of zimmers work but his lesser known works :lol:

[youtube]mD9gd25ySOA[/youtube]

dwibley

Imagine by John Lennon

In honour of the first anniversary of the global occupy movement - bring on the peaceful revolution.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Listening to my good old 90s Alternative playlist today :thumbup:

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.

happyhippie

Dislikes
sport and people who think they are better than everyone else
Can't get enough of this tune at the moment...odd but good

well, i would post a you tube link but for some reason it wont work..is there a particular way of doing it on this forum...???