fingertips

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
They are sore....now I am glad I am not testing as that would be really painful. Not doing anything different but tips and pads are very very sore and its not just one hand its both.... its just strange and I am stumped. Before anyone suggests putting the computer away I have worked for years with computers and this has only come up recently and seems to be getting worse.

Any ideas please

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
cavelioness said:
They are sore....now I am glad I am not testing as that would be really painful. Not doing anything different but tips and pads are very very sore and its not just one hand its both.... its just strange and I am stumped. Before anyone suggests putting the computer away I have worked for years with computers and this has only come up recently and seems to be getting worse.

Any ideas please
it's too much searching for pics ,CL ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Why doesnt that surprise me :p :p :p

Attachments

• Buck-a-fuffalo.gif
    Buck-a-fuffalo.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 909

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
are you testing on the pads?

I use a computer all day long and test on the tips on my fingers... i've become numb to the pricking almost now so it doesn't bother me.

Sometimes i find they feel more sore when im coming down with a cold jut before my entire body starts to ache.

You could also try alternate site testing to give your fingers a rest for a while?

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Stuboy I dont test at all. Have requested testing kit from both doctor who said she is leaving my treatment to the dsn and dsn has refused on the grounds that too many people are testing so its not necessary for me to join the numbers.

Will be buying my own equipment asap.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Once you buy your own tester CL see if your doctor will prescribe the test strips for the tester that you buy.If you can sit there and prove that you are using it to better you levels and that you are not freaked out by the testing then maybe your doctor will prescribe them.

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
fingers are really painful now so have made an appointment with the doc.

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
WTH! no testing at all?

these doctors should be struck off! Every Diabetic needs a meter!

Are you type 1 or type 2? Not that it makes much difference to access to a meter.

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Hi Stuboy I am type 2. Excercise and diet controlled.

Went to see nurse for another bp test and it was again higher. When tested at the gym its 130/80 nurse took reading today and it was 152/92 I joked with her that its her fault and the docs that every time I visited my bp went up in anticipation. So now I am going to have to have a 24 hour monitor. :? This is not going to happen until the end of November due to the amount of patients for the one machine. I will then be in to see the doc about the results.

Asked her what she might think would be the problem with my fingers but she had no clues but no immediate appointment with doc available until the end of next week so have grabbed that.

Feeling low and sleepy now. :cry:

Trinkwasser

cavelioness said:
Stuboy I dont test at all. Have requested testing kit from both doctor who said she is leaving my treatment to the dsn and dsn has refused on the grounds that too many people are testing so its not necessary for me to join the numbers.

What a stunning excuse. Worthy of Mandelson.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I have a suggestion for the blood pressure. It's called "white coat syndrome". BP rises when you see a healthcare professional. They can put you on a continuous monitor for a while to check this out. If that is it, then your sports centre will be getting a more typical reading. As to the other symptoms. Perhaps your BG is high. that would do most of it. If you are not testing, what are you eating? SURELY NOT plenty of complex carbs.

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
hanadr said:
I have a suggestion for the blood pressure. It's called "white coat syndrome". BP rises when you see a healthcare professional. They can put you on a continuous monitor for a while to check this out. If that is it, then your sports centre will be getting a more typical reading. As to the other symptoms. Perhaps your BG is high. that would do most of it. If you are not testing, what are you eating? SURELY NOT plenty of complex carbs.

I also think its the white coat syndrome hence being monitored for 24 hours at the end of November. My bg levels are pretty good last hba1c was 6.4%. I am carbing but not extreme. The diet I am following is working and normally I feel great

Its just these finger tips and pads its driving me nuts.

Trinkwasser

hanadr said:

You can buy your own monitor which gives you the opportunity to test at different times and in different situations, I recommend Omron. Also some pharmacies will do a reading on the spot.

BP tends to vary a lot, domestic meters may not be as accurate as the calibrated systems the medics use but are plenty good enough to give you an indication of the range you are normally in. Plus you can do sophisticated stuff like check BP at ankles as well as wrists/arms.

GP asked me to use mine to check mother's BP after a recent med change, save her from having to keep trekking up to the surgery.

As to the fingertips, I'd be looking for a mechanical or chemical reason. New washing powder? Cleaning products?

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Yes we have a bp monitor in the house due to my Dads sometimes too low and my mothers too high they monitor daily as do I.

It really does only shoot up when I see my doc or dsn

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Just to give you an update

I woke up this morning Pain Free. I havent taken anything. I havent done anything different..its a miracle.

moonstone

Linda59 said:
I was told the worst place to test was the pads of fingers, we are supposed to use the sides.

:)

That was explained to me too, but the reason was a bit hideous - cos if I go blind, I'll need the pads of my fingers to read braille and you can't read braille with callouses on your fingertips.

Great. But, ultimately, sensible and useful advice......

Trinkwasser

moonstone said:
That was explained to me too, but the reason was a bit hideous - cos if I go blind, I'll need the pads of my fingers to read braille and you can't read braille with callouses on your fingertips.

Great. But, ultimately, sensible and useful advice......

At least they said IF you go blind, not WHEN you go blind . . .