Chromium and Cinnamon

Ashleigh

Hi :)

I was wondering where people get their chromium or cinnamon supplements, as I just had a quick look on ebay and not sure whether to trust them.

I'm skint at the moment so would like to find a cheap but reputable place to get some from.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Ashleigh.

paragliderpete

Hi. If you are not sure about Ebay sources, try Amazon , or if you want to buy from ebay, use a company with a good profile rather than from and individual. cheers

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Have a trawl through this thread which had loads of peoples experiences with many supplements and offers advice on how much to take, where to get them etc. http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=27056

From my own standpoint in the early weeks after diagnosis I found Bitter Melon, Banaba, Gymnema and Cinnamon were very effective at reducing spikes in BG's. I decided Chromium did nothing but maybe I wasn't taking enough as others report success. Nowadays I have lost a load of weight and my insulin resistance is less so I don't need or take them anymore.

Jodie24

sorry I couldn't help but notice your messages. Im a nutrition student doing research into chromium and diabetic confectionary and really intrigued as to what your opinions are. I was wondering if you minded filling in a questionnaire of mine for m University research project. My course is Human Nutrition and would love to study nutrition combined with diabetes even further at postgraduate level. Thanks for your time
Jodie

Eva9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
HOLLAND and BARRETT. And they do special offers. Sometimes with another product for 1p

hallii

Jodie24 said:
sorry I couldn't help but notice your messages. Im a nutrition student doing research into chromium and diabetic confectionary and really intrigued as to what your opinions are. I was wondering if you minded filling in a questionnaire of mine for m University research project. My course is Human Nutrition and would love to study nutrition combined with diabetes even further at postgraduate level. Thanks for your time
Jodie

Hello Jodie, I have been following your other post.

I do take Chromium Picolate and it does seem to make a difference, from doing a bit of research I found that many T2s are deficient in Chromium so it can't hurt anyway.

I (we) are also intrigued as to what you may know about the effects (if any).

It could be that Mr Placebo is the main effective ingrediant!

H