NHS Scotland Diabetes On-line Records Service

Dougie22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Yes, I found it very confusing at first too (still do, sometimes)

I thought there would be more absolutes in terms of interpreting the numbers in my results but it turns out that everyone is different, people's doctors have different opinions and their circumstances and attitudes to risk and medication are different.

I and others believe Type2 Diabetes is more a common set of symptoms and issues rather than a single disease as such.

Best thing you can do is have a read at the forum for a while, then start to form your own views.

It's a marathon rather than a sprint. Give yourself some time.

All the best.

A

Anonymous

ive been sat on the forums for weeks trying to get my head around it all but not seeing the diabetic nurse apart from once doesnt help when she gives conflicting opinions... :lol: :lol:

Alba37

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I thought it was a great service, but unfortunately HCP's complained about us having access to our letters so they were removed. (after seeing mine and my son's I know why!) They are now trialing them again in a couple of areas and I hope we all get access to them again soon. I contacted them about this and other things in the past and they have always responded and seemed happy with feedback. Even if you don't use it much it's worth signing up for. I was surprised at how few people have signed up for it so far.

robynopolis

Hey,
This sounds really cool - how did you find out about it?
Surely it should be something they recommend at diabetes appointments, but I've never heard about it...
Thanks for sharing! I've submitted my info for it :)
Robyn

A

Anonymous

I shoot Nikons said:
First I've heard of this despite a fair few diabetes appointments at GP and hospital level recently.

I only found out about it through this forum Shoot...when i approached my diabetes nurse with the form that they have to sign, she said she never heard of it, sent me packing but i left it with the receptionist and she had to sign it anyway lol...Its good to actually see the results in front of you. Ive had numerous problems with my username and passwords though, have been waiting since middle of september for them to sort it out..l.but other than that, i do like it :)

Alba37

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I too have had lots of problems with username and passwords. If they could simplify that then it would be great!

A

Anonymous

Alba37 said:
I too have had lots of problems with username and passwords. If they could simplify that then it would be great!

Yes i agree..should be able to pick our own usernames and passwords...Would make life much simpler..I'm still waiting on them getting back to me with a new username and password and its been around 6 weeks now...

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
nosty said:
I am new here and I am probably breaking the rules, and for that I apologize. I had wanted to send a pm to the administrators but I gather that my account is too new.

I am from Canada, and I was diagnosed with diabetes in 2000, I did as so many diabetics do and that was ignore the diagnosis. In June of 2009, it resulted in the partial amputation of my left foot. While recovering I started working on my own website to help track blood glucose, blood pressure, weight, an exercise log, a sleep log, a food log, and we are adding more parameters daily. We are an entirely free service for diabetics because every time diabetics turn around, someone is asking them to pay for something else.

I will not mention the website here in the public forums because I don't want to upset the administrators or the moderators of the board. If anyone IS interested please let me know!

Regards,

Lary

I'd be very interested in your website Lary. Perhaps you could PM me the details? Thanks. :)

davesoutar

obviously still no better, i tried to sign up today, was advised to use lower and upper case letters for my new password. still rejected, getting very tiresome! why can't they keep things simple?

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Sounds very interesting Dougie22. I'll register and see how long it takes, for what could be, extremely helpful information.

Thank you,
weewillie.

Dougie22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
They are having a problem now with corrupted BP history. A number of my readings, which were there before, now have only one figure instead of the two. They are aware of the problem but everything on this site takes an age to fix. I wonder if it's a funding issue. It feels like someone looking after it on an extremely part time basis.

Susiebabs

I use this site too and though I found it useful on occasions I had noted that none of my results have been there since August, despite having had two sets of tests in that time due to some bloodwork issues. Since then I've written to them twice to say that my results aren't all showing- in their reply they said that Glasgow have been changing their reporting system and therefore I can expect to see my results flow-through soon. Since then i have seen one test result come through from the last set of tests but not the others, even though they were all done at the same time.

It's a Great idea but I've ended up just going into my GPs and asking for the results to be printed out for me so I can take them away and put them into my own spreadsheet

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Viking

Hi all,

I have been using the My Diabetes My Way web site for some considerable time now, from about the time the web site started. The site has improved since the beginning and you are now able to record some of your own readings. I haven't worked out who updates the test results, the GP's surgery or the Hospital, as sometimes they appear within days and other times it takes a couple of weeks. However, it does give good information and you are able to keep track of all your results.

Has anyone used the section for adding your own results?

dornochian

nosty said:
I am new here and I am probably breaking the rules, and for that I apologize. I had wanted to send a pm to the administrators but I gather that my account is too new.

I am from Canada, and I was diagnosed with diabetes in 2000, I did as so many diabetics do and that was ignore the diagnosis. In June of 2009, it resulted in the partial amputation of my left foot. While recovering I started working on my own website to help track blood glucose, blood pressure, weight, an exercise log, a sleep log, a food log, and we are adding more parameters daily. We are an entirely free service for diabetics because every time diabetics turn around, someone is asking them to pay for something else.

I will not mention the website here in the public forums because I don't want to upset the administrators or the moderators of the board. If anyone IS interested please let me know!

Regards,

Lary

Hey, if you have something that can help, send the details, (pm is fine), we need all the help we can get and I think most of it comes from people like you.

My sugary surgery is not interested in my shortterm health, just the quick fix money it gets for me as a diabetic, no meter, no test strips, just the same old garbage that is pumped out via the system...

dornochian

Adam63 said:
I applied for this over a month ago with no response not even an acknowledgment.

It has been my experience that the Diabetes provision through GPs in Glasgow is
rather degenerating. They are raising the thresholds for diagnosis and the
targets for HbA1C.

I want to get my HbA1C levels into the low 6's 6-6.5 but am being told this is not necessary
and that a level of 7.1 is very good.

I feel my long term health is not being cared for sufficiently, and that here in Glasgow the medical
establishment are only concerned with short term problems.

Spot on here, not just in Glasgow, but all over, sadly it's the norm as we're supposedly the cause of our diabetes blah blah blah..., but of course this is not true....

When you look how much big pharma makes in the USA alone it's not surprising is it...!

kangoo

I've logged into the MyDiabetesMyWay a few times. I don' understand what's happening, there are odd things in there.

For example, there are records of prescriptions for medication that was stopped long before the issue date in the record. Some notes of consultant visits, others not there. I guess that they have only picked up some historical database records during set-up but you're not missing much as it stands. It will probably get better with time.

L

Luna21

I've just registered for this site, so I'll see what happens. I'll keep you posted.