COLD REMEDIES & T2 INSULIN

Sassco

Anyone offer advice on what cold remedies I can take whilst on insulin (mixed) My BG went from 5.2 to 11.0 after taking Lemsip. Won't be taking that again. Feel lousy & any remedies would we welcome.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I have noticed that some cold remedies are now sold in "sugar free" versions. Otherwise just read the info panel and avoid the sugar. I bought some sugar free Halls in Tesco's the other day for my sore throat. I've had Strepsils in the past.
Since nothing will actually cure a cold, it doesn't much matter what you choose to control your symptoms. Good old paracetamol works as well as anything and any antihistamine will help decongest. We are not supposed to use pseudoephdrine decongestants, but since I know my BG is NORMAL and my blood pressure is also Ok, I do take decongestants if I feel the need. It's my own choice and my own risk.
Hana

Sassco

Thanks Hana I've been using the sugar free range of remedies for 8 years now whilst on tablets (without any probs) just wondered if it was going to be a prob now that I'm on insulin.