Medtronic paradigm veo

TT17

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I am starting on a medtronic pump in a few weeks should be ordered today as I have just had a saline trial. I find the pump really easy and simple to use and very comfortable and like the idea of the CGMS. Also the mio Canula's are very comfortable and I forgot the pump was their and then when getting changed forgot it was attached to my trousers :( fear ill do that too many times lol. Anyway just wondering what people think of it.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Glad to hear you are happy with a pump. Please do note that unless you are very lucky the NHS do not fund sensors so the CGM side of things is a waste, unless you can afford the sensors etc yourself.

TT17

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I know the sensors wont be funded all the time but my dsn told my occasionally i could use them but its still a great pump

Beanpole

Hi I started using a pump 12 months ago and it's great. I sometimes accidentally pull it out but they are so well attached that its probably only happend twice! Wouldn't go back to syringes. Hope you get on ok x

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Beanpole said:
Hi I started using a pump 12 months ago and it's great. I sometimes accidentally pull it out but they are so well attached that its probably only happend twice! Wouldn't go back to syringes. Hope you get on ok x

If you use some mefix tape and put it either across the cannula or an inch or so from it on the tubing you wont pull the cannula out. :)

iHs

Transpore tape is really good as well ....... easy to tear off the role, transparent and waterproof :)

Beanpole

Good tip about tape but my skin gets irritated by to much ok usually with the little bit the cannula is attached to. Good idea if your prone to ripping them out x

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Beanpole said:
Good tip about tape but my skin gets irritated by to much ok usually with the little bit the cannula is attached to. Good idea if your prone to ripping them out x

That's why I mentioned mefix tape as it doesn't cause allergies :)
You can also get some stuff called cavilon spray which acts as a barrier to the irritation from cannula tape.

snufflebabe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi there i have been pumping with medtronic veo for almost 5 months now, and its so much better than MDI. To pull the cannula fully out its take one big pull, they adhesive is pretty good on them. I use mefix tape to tape the cannula down as its waterproof, and it doesnt make me itch, i but it from amazon. Happy pumping. :)

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
snufflebabe said:
Hi there i have been pumping with medtronic veo for almost 5 months now, and its so much better than MDI. To pull the cannula fully out its take one big pull, they adhesive is pretty good on them. I use mefix tape to tape the cannula down as its waterproof, and it doesnt make me itch, i but it from amazon. Happy pumping. :)

You can get the tape on prescription :)

Beanpole

Thanks CarbsRok
Mefix does unfortunately irritate my skin but my DN also mentioned cavilon as I had a prob with the cannula for a while but it settled. Might be worth getting some x

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
I think i must be one of the lucky ones in this respect. My silhouette infusion sets stick on to me like glue - no tape ever needed. Also one gradual 2 second pull and they come off without a problem with no mark or irritation.

TT17

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Does anyone use the Bauer contour link meter am if so can you bolus from it

Garthion

I use the VEO, along with the Contour Link meter, this is the only meter that wirelessly links to the Medtronic pumps but is absolutely brilliant, I use it in combination with my other meter (A Glucomen LX plus for the ketone use) and always before a meal so that the Bolus wizard on the pump can give me the right amount of insulin for my meal.
Regards the stickiness of the canulas, I started with the Mio sets, but found that I was sweating too much and they would come out very easily (and way too soon) but was also supplied with 2 Quick sets which I tried during my Holiday in August, these proved to be much stickier for me so I inquired about getting them, and was told that all I had to do was ask Medtronic for them. I have had them for just over a month now and not had any come out due to sweating, they stay in until I need to change the sets. I do not use any extra tape.

Beanpole

I also use that meter which is great as it tells my pump what my blood is whenever I test it which means you can also administer corrective doses. I use the quickset cannulas which I find fine but have also used the silhouette which are good if you find the cannula bends in situ causing pump to alarm with no delivery, I get on fine with quickset ones though x

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Agree - contour link meter is a fine little meter and ever so handy as it sends wireless readings to pump. I always like to have a spare on hand (in case of breakage or to go on holiday) and I phoned bayer up and they sent me a second meter without a problem.