FULL MOON MUNCHIES

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
:roll: It's full moon today and I've eaten practically non stop all day and all evening. I'm always the same at full moon and it's like PMT, as the full moon gets fuller, I get hungrier and need to eat. Then once it starts to wane, I wind down again. Today I've had 3 bowls of homemade soup because I only fancied liquids, then later I had fruit and then after that, chocolate and then after that corned beef mayonaise on crackers followed by more fruit.

Anyone else noticed these kind of eating patterns around the full moon?

Also this month there's hurricane Sandy causing a huge water disturbance in New York - all full moon related. :roll:

Clover

:lol: Nope - if anything the opposite, I have eaten very little the last couple of days although the runny red stuff - (wine not blood!) and creamy coffee have been tasteing particularily good.....

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
LouiseW said:
Are you sure you're not part werewolf Grace? :lol:
She was but she's OK N-O-W-O-O-O-O :lol: :lol:

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
LouiseW said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ha! Well you could be partly right because I'm born in July, and a Cancerian and therefore, my astrological ruler is the moon and I'm very sensitive to it's rhythms and effects on the planet and myself. I've studied astrology in the past and found it fascinating. The moon rules our menstrual cycle which is a 29 day cycle, same length of time it takes the moon to grow from New to Full and back to New again. Vegetables do better if planted at New Moon and at night.

The moon affects ALL liquids, from the ocean tides and the tsunamis we're experiencing right down to our blood and plasma and the water content in our veggies and foods.

At the moment I'm thinking about the moon's effect on diabetes. Most people don't notice the moon, because the sun is so obviously there (well apart from the UK it is) during the daytime and we understand what it's energy does in terms of sustaining life on the planet. However, the moon is a 'nightlight' and only really becomes obvious when it's full but we tend not to think about what it does 'behind the scenes' so to speak. I'm really interested in the moon's effects on the endocrine system from an astrological/health point of view.

Police, ambulance and farm workers are well acquainted with the effects of Full Moon in particular because that's the time when things come to a head or reach 'fullness'. It's often the time when women go into labour, the 'fullness' of the moon can be experienced in our lives as stressful depending on our circumstances, simply because it's the time when whatever we're going through reaches 'maximum levels' before it tips the other way and we experience the 'aaaaahhh ... thank God that's over'.

I noticed many years ago that my eating patterns change throughout the month and I can eat until I burst at Full Moon and then suddenly that's it my appetite wanes. So I know that I have to be careful at that time about 3-4 days before Full Moon that I don't overdo the carbs. Interestingly, I prefer liquids around that time, soups, broths, drinks (moon/liquid), and it's why some people with a liking for alcohol need to watch their intake around that time of the month.

Next month's Full Moon will be in Gemini on November 28th and there will be an eclipse of the moon which means although it's full it will be obscured. So any Gemini's out there, and anyone else who's interested, start watching the moon and see how it wanes (gets smaller from today) see how long it takes to reduce itself to nothing before it starts growing bigger again until it's Full Moon again next month on November 28th. And while you're doing that, watch what's going on with yourself and your own body and your emotions and watch what's happening around you with other people, animals, plants etc. You'll be amazed at what you find. :D

Here are a few websites for anyone who's curious - :)

http://www.findyourfate.com/astrology/d ... o-diet.htm

http://www.moonconnection.com/moon_phases.phtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tide

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
FergusCrawford said:
LouiseW said: