Eaten all wrong things today

maddiemo

I have eaten everything I shouldn't today, it stared with cake, then chocolate Brazil's then pasta. But I don't understand, took my BS two hours after eating and it was 10.1 I expected it to much higher. Yet if I have a small amount of chips it goes higher than that. I needed cheering up to day so that is why I eat so much sugar. Feel guilty now.

Nikkig

I've had the same sort of reaction to a day of naughty eating, I think everyone goes through it at some time, I know I do! When I posted about this a while ago someone explained it as a bucket that has been fairly well depleted and that even though you have eaten the wrong things today, you probably had a deficit from before, which is why your reading isn't as high as you expected!

Don't beat yourself up about it and make the decision to do better tomorrow..... :thumbup:

RoyG

Dislikes
To many to mention.
Yep my evening has kinda turned into a major train wreck, It all started with a small packet of lovehearts, then progressed to a bag of cashews and raisins, then it just turned really wild !!! I had 3 chocolate limes, 5 jellies and swizzles lollipop, I need rehab now. I will check my BG in a bit just for a reality check in. WELL it's HALLOWEEN in it?? and my lads have got sweets everywhere.

maddiemo

Let us know your reading please and if its what you expected. Drives me mad when I can't have just a small portion on chips nothing else high carb with them. I sometime have a couple off fried eggs.

RoyG

Dislikes
To many to mention.
Wow 7.7mmol, thats lifting the roof for me, I am normally 5.4-5.8 2 hours after my Dinner. best behave myself me thinks. :oops: :oops:

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
You've all got the Full Moon Munchies! :lol: :lol: :lol:

halfpint

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It must be a day for it. Had the woodburning cooker going today and thought I would do a sponge cake for the OH 'cos the ordinary gas oven is rubbish, and WOW superb light fluffy sponge cake that was not cremated on the bottom. Anyway, that was it, tonight I thought I would risk it. Before tea, 5.2, then had some crisp breads and sardines, and one piece of cake (small bit honest). Tested at one hour 8.4, at an hour and a half 8.8, at two hours 7.5 so its coming down again.

It does puzzle me though as I had been basically really good over the past two months and the figures had come down, but only slightly, still lots in the high 6's, cheese - even 30g, puts me into the 7s. :(

maddiemo

It must be to do with the cold dark nights. That's my excuse anyway.
If you get a high BS reading but it goes down pretty quick is that not okay? It's when it stays high all the time is the problem right?

Cobra3164

Dislikes
Diabetes
Hello, aww man must be a spell rofl. Please dont do this to us I am craving a sugar binge now (I know Im going trick or treating and try to get as many sweets as poss, prob being I dont think at 48 I would pass as a child :lol: ).

All in jest

Simon aka Cobra3164

RoyG

Dislikes
To many to mention.
Mine is dropping now 5.7 amazing what a few sweeties can do, god knows what it must have been running at back in the day's when eating a jumbo bar of dairy milk chocolate was a passion of mine. ekkkkkk scary :evil: :evil: :evil:

RoyG

Dislikes
To many to mention.
Cobra3164 you think you got problems!!! I have a tesco bag full to overflowing next to the bed where the wife has confiscated sweets of little fellow, and a massive bowl of sweets down stairs that she was handing to kiddies that knocked, only thing, this year only about 10 knocked? so loads of them left over. I am not sure putting them next to me is good idea, It's murder, torture and downright anti diabetic.

maddiemo

I can't seem to get back on track. I had two chocolate biscuits and can't get the biscuit tin out of my mind. Heeeeelp.

michael D

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
same here bad day no where else to eat apart from a chippie :(
roll and battered hamburger + 2hrs 13.2 :( 6.3 this morning

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Tomorrow's another day guys, start afresh in the morning :)

Defren

maddiemo said:
I can't seem to get back on track. I had two chocolate biscuits and can't get the biscuit tin out of my mind. Heeeeelp.

It sounds like you have got the carb cravings back that you will have lost through low carbing. It's going to take determination not to keep eating. If you feel it's not going to be that easy, in your shoes I would tip all the biscuits in the bin.

desidiabulum

Defren is right. Try the following:
1. Put biscuits in bin.
2. Cover them with rotting vegetables.
3. Now you have to kneel on the floor and pick your way through rotting vegetables to get to them. Contemplate the degradation that they have driven you to!

Or alternatively (less messy) but them inside a series of tupperware boxes of increasing size, so that you maximize the time that you can take to rethink what you're doing.
Don't ask why I know that these techniques work.... :lol:

maddiemo

Apart from having a binge surely once a week you could have a treat, the problems start when you eat like it everyday. It would give you something to look forward too don't you think. I don't mean having big bars of choclate and a packet of biscuits, but maybe a couple of biscuits or a small potion of Chinese what do you think?

Defren

maddiemo said:
Apart from having a binge surely once a week you could have a treat, the problems start when you eat like it everyday. It would give you something to look forward too don't you think. I don't mean having big bars of choclate and a packet of biscuits, but maybe a couple of biscuits or a small potion of Chinese what do you think?

It was my daughters birthday today, for tea we had, crustless tartlets, fruit and nut loaf, open sandwiches, and birthday cake. I made it all low carb. I had some of everything. My BG 2 hours later was 5.5. Have treats, but where possible make your own.

I wouldn't touch bought biscuits or Chinese, some people do. When I make my own food, I know what's in it!