Frozen Shoulder and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

MrsP

Dislikes
Cruelty, especially against animals. Selfishness, disrespect towards others
Hello

I have had frozen shoulder for a year now, and also carpal tunnel syndrome.

I think my shoulder has reached frozen stage (it certainly feels frozen on the outside edge but I still have quite a bit of pain just over the top/back of my shoulder. Is this normal please?

I also have terrible pain in my upper arm. It feels like a pulled muscle and is very stiff on a morning. It gradually works loose with normal movement but is very sore. Is this part of the frozen shoulder syndrome please?

Have had enough of this carpal tunnel syndrome and am going to have it operated on at the beginning of next month :D

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi MrsP,
The majority of contributors to this forum are not qualified to provide the kind of medical advice that you seem to be seeking. However, for more information about frozen shoulder, here is a link that may answer your questions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frozen_shoulder

Willow31

Hi
I have two frozen shoulders & the pain is unbearable. Try holding a bag of frozen peas to your shoulder for 10 minutes twice a day, as it helps with any inflamation. I was seeing a physio but wasn't seeing much improvement & am now seeing an Osteopath who is applying the Neil-Asher technique http://www.frozenshoulder.com/
I wish you luck with your frozen shoulder
Wiilow

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
My frozen shoulder took about 2 years to resolve and although I now have full mobility, I still sometimes feel it. How about trying a gentle exercise lcass at your local sports centre. There are usually some designed for older or less mobile folks. Sports therapists are often as good as physios.