Help needed and praise also needed!

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have not heard anything from my GP for prossibly more than a year now regarding my diabetes. Am I supposed to have check ups regulaly. I feel a little like I was thrown in the deep end and left floundering. I went from being called to the doc and the dietician everyother week to nothing.

Also I was so brave I had my flu jab today :D :clap: I work in the NHS and got it from there not my GP. (Edit I forgot to mentin I am petrified of needles that are coming towards me)

Caz

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Check out the Diabetes Uk website for the 15points of care you are supposed to get. Download it and make an appointment with your GP. Take the 15 poins with you.[ not all will apply, especially if you are not pregnant!]
Hana

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Hi Caz and welcome

Your GP should be doing this

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/NSF/Pages/Diabetes.aspx If he or she isn't then they are just taking the extra money the NHS gives them for having you as a diabetic and ignoring your needs.

Well done with the flu jab. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: You might need to be brave again as if you are a diabetic on any kind of medication you should have been offered a once in a lifetime pneumonia jab this year as well.

If you have anymore questions about DB then just ask as loads of people will give you great advice.

Take care.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you I will look for that now.

I am 29 with type 2 Diabetes and unfortunatly not pregnant :(

Not sure I can be brave again too soon :shock: