Keeps getting better!

Mileana

Hi all,

Just a short woohoo!! from me. Today I felt great, so out for a walk. November was sunny here today. Had planned 5 miles, but then towards the end of those, I thought why not do 5 more, so I did. Then towards the end of those, my feet were a bit sore, but I had forgotten to get an ingredient for dinner, so had to go to the shop too before heading home.

On way home, I felt a bit tired in my feet, so decided to run up the hill just to prove a point to myself.

11 miles later, I feel a bit tired, but nothing like it would have been just 3 months ago. Yay for some level of fitness finally sneaking up on me.

That's all. Just chuffed.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Oh the envy, the ENVY!
I used to really enjoy my walks before the arthritis, lung problems and age took its toll, and now all I can do is sit and watch others striding along :(

Mileana

Sorry to hear things aren't so good for you Hobs. I'm just so happy I have the 2nd chance after a year of being entirely unable to walk. I hope that the 'people watching' can also be enjoyable for you - I love that myself - making up stories about where they're going and just look at those shoes! etc.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Mileana said:
Yay for some level of fitness finally sneaking up on me.

Good to hear, for those who can exercise the benefits are many, here's a few from The American Diabetes Asociation:

1.Improve blood glucose management. Activity makes your body more sensitive to the insulin you make. Activity also burns glucose (calories). Both actions lower blood glucose.

2.Lower blood pressure. Activity helps your heart pump stronger and slower.

3.Improve blood fats. Exercise can raise good cholesterol (HDL) and lower bad cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides. These changes are heart healthy.

4.Take less insulin or diabetes pills. Activity can lower blood glucose and weight. Both of these may lower how much insulin or diabetes pills you need to take.

5.Lose weight and keep it off. Activity burns calories. If you burn enough calories, you'll trim a few pounds. Stay active and you'll keep the weight off.

6.Lower risk for other health problems. Reduce your risk of a heart attack or stroke, some cancers, and bone loss.

7.Gain more energy and sleep better. You'll get better sleep in less time and have more energy, too.

8.Reduce stress, anxiety, and depression. Work out or walk off daily stress.

9.Build stronger bones and muscles. Weight-bearing activities, such as walking, make bones stronger. Strength-training activities, such as lifting light weights (or even cans of beans), make muscles strong.

10.Be more flexible. Move easier when you are active.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Great news mileana :thumbup:
Blimey you must be well fit now ...

Hope your toots (feet) okay today?
After the hike you took them on ... :lol:

Anna.

Mileana

Yeah, feet are fine - minor blister due to the skin condition but no worse than I managed my normal 5 miles today no problem, so yeah all is well.

Thanks for the new word. Toots.