Honeymoon is over :-(

fairylights

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Feeling really down tonight.
My BGL has been slowly creeping up over the last month or so no matter what and today I have had 2 readings of over 16. So it's on the phone to the DSN first thing tomorrow and I expect I will be on insulin more or less straight away.
I was put on insulin when I was first diagnosed in May and i didn't like it much - but I'm hoping that was because it was mixed and I just wasn't in control. When they took me off that and put me on byetta in June & levothyroxine in July - they were like a wonder drugs. I suddenly felt so much better, no longer tired all the time and I have lost over 4 stone in weight since then.
I am hoping I might be able to persuade them to let me keep taking byetta as well as insulin.
So gutted.

Mileana

If you can get them to put you onto basal/bolus if it's time for insulin, once you get your head around the 'rules' for that, it is much more flexible as you will be able to look at the food you're about to eat and inject accordingly.

Good luck with the appointment.

fairylights

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh I will definitely be asking for a basal/bolus and when I last saw the consultant she did imply that that is what they would give me.

But have just taken my BGL and it's dropped down to 7.8 !!!!!