RAT FOUND IN HOSPITAL OPERATING THEATRE NOTTINGHAM

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Just heard on The Wright Stuff this morning, (can't stand the man or his tunnel visioned opinions) that a rat has been found scampering around an operating theatre in Nottingham.

Wright and his panel seemed to find it funny, not sure what the point of his programme is supposed to be, other than bashing the unemployed, putting forward ideas for culling the population whilst bragging about the fact that he doesn't have children, doesn't want children and thinks anyone who has children is simply draining the country's coffers. Oh ... and he and his panel seem to be very sympathetic towards Jimmy Savile and the fact that there is a lot of publicity about his behaviour at the moment. One minute they're talking about the 'poor victims who've killed themselves', the next they're complaining about the money being spent on another enquiry.

He sits there smugly bragging about his chosen childlessness, wrinkling his snotty little nose up at anything he doesn't agree with or think deserves a life. No doubt the 'diabetic obese' are another sector of society he'd probably like to see erased from the face of the world.

Why are people with such one sided opinions allowed to host shows like this? Is there a conspiracy of some sort going on? Trying to drum up political unrest, setting one sector of society against another so that some despot can step in and take over the world?

:roll:

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Well, we all know that rats make a major contribution to the health of the nation as they cooperate in all sorts of research. We hear of the many benefits of the latest research to mice & rats that supposedly extrapolate to people.
So why not in the operating theatre?

Nikkig

Whilst not condoning a rat in an operating theatre, I feel I must speak up for them in a small way......they are very clean creatures look at a rat in the wild or domesticated and you will find that they are very clean and well groomed! I am a little biased, our daughter had them as pets when she was younger :lol: one, called Obi Wan Kinobe used to sit on her shoulder like a parrot whilst she did her prep in the evenings, and would play fetch with pencils! :thumbup:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Nikkig said:
Whilst not condoning a rat in an operating theatre, I feel I must speak up for them in a small way......they are very clean creatures look at a rat in the wild or domesticated and you will find that they are very clean and well groomed! I am a little biased, our daughter had them as pets when she was younger :lol: one, called Obi Wan Kinobe used to sit on her shoulder like a parrot whilst she did her prep in the evenings, and would play fetch with pencils! :thumbup:

Rats are very clever and intelligent animals. We were petting some at a small shopping center in half term last week and It was difficult getting my daughter away, she loved them :thumbup: but wouldn't want to see one scampering about a hospital :(

I did see a very large rat in the childrens play area in St James' Park last year in august. It was going in and out of the bushes and acrosssome of the sand :shock: an older man saidto me " there are lots of them here at night" :eek: and just next door to the play enclosure is a food outlet with bins. RRB

JConnor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This was at my local hospital, 2 minutes up the road from where i live :(

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
JConnor said:
This was at my local hospital, 2 minutes up the road from where i live :(

Oh dear, that not good . Have you any appointments at that hospital in the near future :shock: :?: RRB

hallii

Rats are low carb and taste just like chicken.

If we all caught and ate a rat a day they would soon be near to extinction.

H

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
hallii said:

H

:lol: :lol: I'm going to pass on that. RRB

JConnor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well should have an appointment soon if the hurry up and sort my referral out, only been waiting 6 weeks :( the hospital is pretty bad in general, to the point i traveled an 20 miles to have my daughter when that one is half a mile up the road

paragliderpete

Hi all. Based on the appauling attituded of the DSN at my last review, and the fact that I live in Nottingham. I think it must have been her they spotted.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
JConnor said:
Well should have an appointment soon if the hurry up and sort my referral out, only been waiting 6 weeks :( the hospital is pretty bad in general, to the point i traveled an 20 miles to have my daughter when that one is half a mile up the road

Not very good experiences then, thats not good. When you do get your referral ( to the said hospital :?: ) I would borrow a pair of bicycle clips or, all the patients could start the game " I spy with my little eye............ :wink: " Take care and with my best wishes RRB

picklebean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IanD said:
Well, we all know that rats make a major contribution to the health of the nation as they cooperate in all sorts of research.

haha, I'm not sure they actually 'co-operate' with research! :lol:

I love rats, they're so intelligent and clean and have such individual characters... love, love, LOVE them.... but I'm not sure I'd want one in my operating theatre!

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !
Grace ! Something about Wright that vexes thee ? I know ,his diplomatic skills are about as subtle as an enema !

He is no different, in a way, to the previous gov rats and (b)ankers that brought on the current probs. ( hospitals included )

I think that you have to be a little controversial to get noticed, as some do on these forums !

I do respect you Grace, you know that, but please have a large vodka and chill !

Be happy ! Roy

P.S I know you bought the tonic !

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
IanD said:
Well, we all know that rats make a major contribution to the health of the nation as they cooperate in all sorts of research. We hear of the many benefits of the latest research to mice & rats that supposedly extrapolate to people.
So why not in the operating theatre?

Hmmm ... I wouldn't say they cooperate in research exactly. :think:

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Superchip said:
Grace ! Something about Wright that vexes thee ? I know ,his diplomatic skills are about as subtle as an enema !

He is no different, in a way, to the previous gov rats and (b)ankers that brought on the current probs. ( hospitals included )

I think that you have to be a little controversial to get noticed, as some do on these forums !

I do respect you Grace, you know that, but please have a large vodka and chill !

Be happy ! Roy

P.S I know you bought the tonic !

Chippers ... I think I'll take your advice ... I got the tonic ... and I also got the Vodka yesterday but haven't opened it yet. I tried a bit of red wine with bitter cranberry tonic and it was lovely, but I didn't like what it did to my head the day after, in fact I'm still suffering for it now. The next morning I remember why I stopped drinking red wine, my brain feels like a shrivelled up walnut and I come out in cold symptoms for some reason. So no more red wine for me. :( But I'm going to try a tot of vodka and tonic, that never seemed to bother me.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Prosperous as a church rat

We used a Gospel Hall for a few months - across the alley from vegetable shops & restaurants - very well fed rats lived under the floor & in the cupboards. The rat catcher came, opened a cupboard & a rat scuttled away. Another one died in the church kitchen.

We moved out.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
hallii said:

H

Funny you should say that because a few weeks ago there was mention in the news that rat meat was being sold for human consumption in some parts of the UK, on the black market. Not sure if it was found being sold in restaurants or off the back of a lorry to the general public. :crazy:

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Re: Prosperous as a church rat

IanD said:
We used a Gospel Hall for a few months - across the alley from vegetable shops & restaurants - very well fed rats lived under the floor & in the cupboards. The rat catcher came, opened a cupboard & a rat scuttled away. Another one died in the church kitchen.

We moved out.

So rats are into Gospel eh? I like their style. :D

hallii

Nikkig said:
hallii said:

H

Glad I'm vegetarian! :lol:

Yes, I'm veggie to, I think all the others should eat them, not us :D

H