Diabetes - Anger

Mog

Hello.

Could anybody tell me if there is any connection with moments of anger in relation to high or low blood glucose levels? I don't know if it is me that just gets angry at some things or if it is connected to the diabetes.

Thanks in anticipation.

:)

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
can we not mention hormones Sue I am having more than my fair share of attacking these last couple of days :?

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
I never used to get ratty but recently im starting to get snappy when i go low :D poor hubby

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
i find that i get really ratty when getting low. start shaking too. :?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
T1 husband gets very ratty if low. I however ONLY get ratty if I have due cause

Elc1112

I am an absolute nightmare if my sugars are low or of they have been unstable. I've been diabetic since I was a child though, so no idea whether I am generally more angry now than before I was diagnosed. I have heard that diabetes can affect some hormone levels, so it could be this... Maybe mention it to your doctor or DSN next time you see them?

Em

pavmas

Yip, married for 34 years and my wife will say you need to do a reading and she is always right, in my mind Im saying "would you like to make a cup of tea doll" in reality Im saying are you not making effing tea.

princeasl

I've been getting really angry, it happens when I'm hungry mainly, I usually calm down much later, but it's not good at all...I look back and just see myself snap..

B

badcat

People always know when I'm going low because I apparently go a grey colour and get really ratty

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
I go very quiet, pale, grey, shaky and have panic attacks when I get hungry and if anyone tries to calm me down, then I can get angry because I just know that I need food and that takes precedence.

I thought that was quite normal until recently as it's been happening since I was a child. I've always marvelled at people who could 'wait until dinnertime' before eating even if they were very hungry, or who could travel without carrying something to eat with them, because I've never been able to eat by the clock - I've always had to eat by my own body clock and I've always had to make sure I have access to food wherever I am.

lights out

My boyfriend gets quite angry when he's getting low. He has to be encouraged to have dextro tablets, fruit juice or some other form to build up his sugar levels. His anger often becomes physical with him trying to push me away, hitting out and that is on top of him swearing at me. I know it's not really him and eventually he calms down once I've managed to get some form of sugar inside him.

It's about recognising the symptons you get as you're dipping. If I can catch him between 4-3 I have a much better chance of getting him to eat and drink with a reasonable response whereas nearer 3 and below, he becomes antagonistic.

Some symptons he gets when getting low are slurred speech, jerky footsteps, clutching hands and a glazed look as he gets lower.

I think many people get more irritable when they're feeling hungry but this is exacerbated for people with diabetes.

Good luck

robertwt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Rudeness, bad driving, incautious use of English
I shake and walk funny and raid the fridge and the honey jar when I'm low. Can't say I'd noticed anger, but then I am a fairly placid sort of chap.

Garthion

I tend to lose my temper more easily if I'm going low, it's about the only Adrenal response I get at the moment, so even if I don't know I'm going low, others do. When my BGs are normal I have much greater control of my Temper and can calm myself down within seconds of being angered. If I'm high I have no energy to get angry so go completely the opposite way.