Perfect socks

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
T1 husband has been advised by the nurse, who is caring for his leg ulcer, to wear knee high socks. Having spent a happy hour in town this morning looking for them, ( with only limited success. ) I got to thinking. in addition, there's someon,e on here, with cold feet.
I am always cold and always wear trousers, so I wear socks and almost never wear tights.
If I can find them, I Like all natural material, no seams at the toe and soft at the top, knee highs. In fact I generally wear toe socks. I then make sure my shoes don't squash or rub anywhere. I am difficult to please, I have brittle skin, which bruises or blisters easily. I can look like I've been in a battle under conditions that wouldn't mark most people.
Finding the perfect pair of socks is as difficult as finding the perfect shoe. I'm OK in Summer with FLy Flot mules on bare feet, but it's too cold now.
anyone got any sock tips?

iHs

Hi

I dont know about socks too much but a pair of those fur suede boots do the job in the winter at keeping the feet warm. They are not difficult to put on and can be folded down if desired. Other than that a cheap pair of velcro moonboots also work and can be concealed under trousers.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I've always had cold feet for all of my life ,even socks don't warm them that much.I to like Fly Flots ,Hana.Wear FlyFlots boots to work and have a pair for walking about as well.

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you tried walking/hiking socks? They are more expensive, but are warmer and comfy, I've recently got some Coolmax ones from Regatta, they're a bit like soft towelling inside and don't have raised seams. They had some long ones in the shop too. Not natural material, but are designed so they aren't sweaty like some man-made fibers.

candyrel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
loathe cheese and yoghurt, spinach, rhubarb and apricots
have you tried Damart. Not just socks etc but lovely long Johns and Janes :p :p :p

Cameraman

Dislikes
Rude or ignorant people
Bridgedale socks, wash wear and the comfiest I've ever come across, different lengths from trainer type right up to 3/4 socks, normally about £10 a pair. Well worth the investment of a couple or three pairs.

Click here for Bridgedale

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
I can thoroughly recommend walking socks ... I have some of the slightly thinner ones and they have all but stopped the evil blisters I used to get ... will log on tomorrow and give you the name. leaves no marks on skin whatsoever although they do have toe seams. They cost around £10 but my mum got me them for my Birthday a few years ago ;) when I was walking about 8 miles a day and really suffering. I also tend to feel the cold alot these days, never used to - gosh - and only 34 lol! J/x

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
FALKE! That's the brand of socks that my mum and step dad swear by - they're not cheap at around a tenner a pop, but the lightweight blue ones are just the best if you're on your feet alot :)

And good sports or hiking insolves go a LONG way towards healthy feet.